Job description / Role
Do you have an appetite for career progression and ready to take your culinary skills to a world-class platform? Take your career to a whole new level with us and join our kitchen team. As an Executive Sous Chef, you will help the Executive Chef plan the core menu and daily specials based on current food inventory, staff capabilities, and guest feedback .
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Collaborating with the Executive Chef to create menu options and daily specials based on expertise with specific cuisines
- With a strong attention to detail, making sure hygiene and food safety standards are met in all stages of food preparation
- Following a strict regimen to check freshness of food and ordering supplies as necessary
- Overseeing the control and maintenance of all equipment and report any damages or malfunctions doing the necessary follow up
- Displaying good team spirit and organization skills for an efficient flow of production
- Produce high-quality dishes
- Create tasting menus for guests interested in contracting the food for different events
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum of 14-16 years professional working experience in in a 5-star Hotel
- Culinary background in French & Mediterranean cuisine
- In-depth knowledge of food safety requirements of hotels
- Ability to provide consistent food quality
- Excellent communication and time-management skills
- Ability to manage and control other members of kitchen staff
- Ability to direct and plan food preparation
- Ability to impact knowledge into junior kitchen staff if such need arises
- Experience in schedule creation to ensure kitchen receive adequate manning
- Ability to work under pressure and with the team.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.