Job description / Role
Ignite Service and Selection are currently looking for experienced Software Developer's with experience in renewable Energy. Our client specialise in the proprietary trading of the short-term wholesale electricity markets across Europe.
You must have experience working with Python in Back-end Development. Contract is for 6 months initially , with huge potential to be converted to an internal hire based on performance, passion & commitment. The contract is not tied to any specific project; thus, if the candidate proves he/she is a right fit, then they will be provided with the opportunity to join as an internal hire by the end of the contract.
Availability to join (< 1 month)
Location: Dubai, UAE (Company office)
6-months contract for a Python Back-end role
Possibility to convert into an internal hire based on performance, passion & commitment.
• Gather and address technical and design requirements.
• Implement new features requested by our business and trading team.
• Refactor existing applications to optimize its performance through setting the appropriate architecture and integrating the best practices and standards.
• Participate in the entire application lifecycle mainly focusing on coding, debugging and testing.
• Troubleshoot and debug applications.
• BSc degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering. Masters is a plus.
• Strong in-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
• Strong competencies in algorithms and software architecture.
• 3+ years of experience as a Python Back-end developer is a must
• 4+ years of work experience in Python coding language.
• 3+ years of experience in developing REST APIs.
• Strong experience in Relational Databases (MySQL, SQL Server or PostgreSQL)
• Experience in non-relational databases (Mongo DB, Cassandra) is a big plus.
• Experience using AWS cloud and its resources/services is a big plus.
• Previous experience in automated testing including unit testing & UI testing.
• Strong knowledge in Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) utilizing Docker containers.
• Excellent analytical, time management and teamwork skills
About the Company
Ignite Search & Selection is a leading Recruitment Agency in the Middle East. Ignite's team of specialist recruiters now works across a range of sectors including Legal, Digital/Technology, Retail/FMCG, Construction and Engineering.
We pride ourselves on given both clients and candidates expert market knowledge in our chosen sectors. We value getting a detailed understanding of our clients and candidates expectations to find the perfect fit for all parties.