Job description / Role
This position will be part of our Trading team in our UAE office and will involve Managing sales to assigned customer accounts & new Business Development across West African markets (Francophone market). The key responsibilities would include:
• Researching business opportunities / organisations in African markets and identifying new sales leads to sell our products- Auto products, Textile and Building Material.
• Building customer base in unexplored markets(Africa) by studying business potential and understanding industry trends
• Meeting annual sales targets.
• Regular travel (according to safe new norms) to assigned countries for sales and new business generation.
• Develop knowledge of the key product lines, market trends and pricing patterns to make focused offers to customers on a daily basis.
• Build sustainable business relationship with the customers, effectively negotiate and optimize the margins.
• Receivables management for assigned customer accounts including follow up for payments.
This is a front end export Sales position and ideal candidate will have prior work experience in handling export sales in the Africa markets.
• Preferably MBA Graduate with 2 to 6 years on Sales experience.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and simultaneously manage multiple demands and meet deadlines.
• Excellent negotiation, communication and influencing skills
• Ability to interface with management at all levels and cultures
• Go-getter and Result oriented with strong drive to make it happen
• Experience working to and exceeding targets
• Good Sales Closing skills
• Good knowledge of data analysis using Microsoft Excel.
• Knowledge of French would be an added advantage.
• An ability to take initiative, work with limited direction.
About the Company
We are a leading global Wholesale Distribution business established in 1982 and headquartered in Singapore. Tionale, derived from the word “Interna-Tionale” started with one clear vision – build a truly international company. With physical presence in our major markets and automated warehouses in strategic locations, we manage a diversified product portfolio to serve our customers in over 80 countries. Our customers include wholesalers, retail chains, internet retailers, manufacturers and distributors depending on the product category.
We provide value to our customers by giving them access to our diversified product portfolio sourced from the most reliable and competitive suppliers globally. Our specialized teams work with our customers and provide technical / commercial inputs, industry trends etc. to aid their decision making. We speak their language – amongst others French in Francophone Africa, Spanish in South America or Mandarin in China which gives us the ability to go deeper in the markets. Our global customer base is spread over developed markets in America, Asia, Europe & Middle East to remote markets in Africa. Our dedicated team takes pride in being close to the customer, unlocking growth opportunities for the business.
We believe in long term partnerships and commitments with our suppliers. Over the years, we have been their partners in their journey to gain insights into the various markets and distribute their products in niche markets. Many of these suppliers have grown with us over the last decade and more, as we provide them the volumes and access to multiple markets while taking over the risks. We carry a wide range of stocks in some of our product categories and deliver in assortments to our customers.
Sales Manager for an FMCG Company
|Abu Dhabi||5 Nov|
Business Development Manager
Opus Recruit Middle East
Senior Sales Executive
Excelsior Group ME
Business Development Manager - Retail Concept