Job description / Role
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Amazon Worldwide Operations is the underlying fulfillment and customer service engine that ensures Amazon creates the same consistent, world-class customer experience every time. We are looking for high-potential, flexible, innovative, and forward-thinking professionals to join our MENA Ops Integration team. Are you ready to drive high-visibility, strategic, revenue-generating projects as well as leverage Lean methodologies to lead Operational process improvement initiatives?
Join the Ops Integration team as an Operations Manager. As an Operations Manager, you will be responsible for monitoring multiple sites from operations and compliance point of view. You will be working with multiple internal and external stakeholders to streamline launch process and drive operational efficiency. With customer obsession and a high sense of ownership, you will utilize your skills to identify patterns and any disruptions in it. You should be able to dive deep, scrutinize details and foresee data implications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Own deployment of Continuous Improvement of network standards, in collaboration with MENA Process Owners, MENA ACES and local Process Managers
• Monitor operations of the assigned sites and suggest & deploy improvements
• Serve as a liaison between the internal and external stakeholders keeping in mind the objectives, limits, conformance and information privacy
• Train & direct associates for action and conformance of norms & practices
• Audit the sites for various operational conformances, restrictions and norms
• Conduct audits on based on SOPs, analyze data and propose process improvement initiatives
• Identify useful data accumulated from multiple sources and take necessary actions
• Foresee implications based on current data and trends
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
• Master's degree in Operations, Engineering or Logistics (operational Black Belts welcome)
• Experience working on continuous improvement projects in a cross functional environment
• Previous experience in a similar process development role, ideally in fast-paced industrial, logistics or production/manufacturing environment
• In depth experience of Distribution and Fulfillment processes
• Excellent Project Management skills
• Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with business partners and key stakeholders and the ability to work under pressure in a cross functional organization
• Expertise in Lean Management, Six Sigma and other OE tools
• Advanced data analysis skills and an expert in using supporting tools e.g. Minitab, JMP, MS Excel, MS Access
• Ability to modify dashboard/queries and write sql queries on an adhoc basis
• Ability to travel frequently for site visits across Egypt and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (50% travel)
• Prior background working on Tech projects to optimize operations, improve customer experience and drive cost reduction initiatives.
• Certified OE Black Belt or Green Belt
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.