Job description / Role
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their on-going strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You will use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
We are currently seeking a strong Manager/Senior Manager to work within our Audit team, focusing on Financial Services and banking engagements.
As Assurance Manager, you'll manage assurance engagements by defining the audit strategy in consultation with the senior manager/partner, and executing it in compliance with Ernst & Young's policies and protocols. When required, you'll personally execute complex audit procedures and lead teams or parts of teams on engagements, depending on the size of the engagement. In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You will be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
As an Audit Manager, you'll make a technical contribution to audit client engagements and internal projects. Within your role, you’ll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships and confirm that work delivered to clients is of a high quality. As part of this, you'll anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues, as appropriate. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
Skills and attributes for success
• Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
• Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
• Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training Assurance professionals
• Contribute to the maintenance of an educational program to continually develop personal skills of staff
• Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
To qualify for the role you must have
• Approximately 6-8 years of relevant work experience
• Strong academic record including a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field
• Professional accountancy qualification (CA , ACCA or CPA qualified)
• Understanding with IFRS and local GAAP
• Strong background and experience of dealing with financial institutions and banking clients
• Excellent communication and prioritization skills
• Strong teamwork and leadership/project management skills
• Results-oriented approach with keen attention to high quality, details and accuracy
• Self-motivation and desire to exceed expectations
• Eligibility to travel in accordance with client and other job requirements both locally and internationally
Ideally you’ll also have
• Track record with a leading audit firm
• Proficiency in the Arabic language
What we look for
• We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
• What working at EY offers
• Support, feedback and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career in the MENA region
• Developed system of performance management and career development that enables you to have the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
• Opportunity to work in an international environment
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please complete the online application as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.