Job description / Role
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests. With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine. Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND we make every child a HERO!
Must present a positive and professional attitude at all times. Must be able to offer friendly and efficient service to all guests. Must be able to learn and adapt to various line positions within location. Needs working knowledge of LEGOLAND safety, sanitation, and cleanliness standards. Process guest orders to ensure that all items are prepared properly and on a timely basis.
- Guest Services: Must understand and meet all guest expectations and have the ability to communicate. Must maintain high service standards with children as a primary focus. Needs to serve all guests in a friendly, efficient, and courteous manner. Needs to work with other team members to provide a positive guest experience.
- Food Quality: Must have working knowledge of product specifications on the cooks' line. Be aware of the value of high quality, fresh food products. Ability to effectively display and prepare a high quality product for the guest. Maintain proper taste, temperature, and appearance of all food items.
- Sanitation and Cleanliness: All staff must follow the LEGOLAND policies and procedures regarding proper sanitation and cleanliness standards.
- Safety: All MC's must practice all safety policies and procedures as set by LEGOLAND.
- Food Safety: Will learn and be continually tested on the proper HACCP guidelines, corporate policies and local government policies.
- Cash Handling: Must be able to operate a computerized cash register and display basic math skills. Will take full responsibility for all funds and cash handled.
- Work Environment: Must be able to work in a very fast paced environment with extreme temperature changes in certain restaurants. Must be able to work in an outdoor, year-round environment with exposure to a variety of changing weather conditions.
- Uniforms and Grooming: Must follow all policies and procedures as set by LEGOLAND.
- Scheduling: All staff must be able to work during peak times, including weekends, holidays, and special occasions. Must be flexible to work shorter or longer hours due to business volume.
- Must display a positive attitude and an ability to work with others
- Must be able to work in locations offering varying degrees of temperature fluctuations, ranging from freezer to oven areas. Certain positions require lifting or moving up to 18 Kg.
- Requires bending, and repetitious movements.
- Intermittent and prolonged standing and walking to move about the park site, and interact with employees.
- Must be able to pass a Food Handler Test and meet local requirements.
- Fluent in English
- Experience in cash handling and POS use.
- Desirable with two years quick service concepts experience.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014