Job description / Role
Play Your Part
In this role you will be responsible for the maintenance/upgrade of sanitation and hygiene standards to ensure all food served to guests and employees are free of microbiological, chemical and physical contamination and all work areas conform to required hygiene and sanitation levels.
- Ensure strict compliance with all relevant Food safety and Health and Safety legislation and requirements.
- Ensure that LEGOLAND Dubai Hotel sets the industry standard regarding Food safety policies and procedures.
- To ensure full compliance with Health & Safety legislation, including food hygiene.
- To drive designated areas to be focused on exceptional guest experience achieving all food KPI targets.
- To fulfil shifts as required during a 7-day trading week, involving some weekend and Public Holiday commitment.
- To support recruitment, training, coaching and development. Lead the team with a hands-on approach.
- Ensure that staff promote a professional image by adhering to company policies and procedures.
- To respond to and take ownership of any guest complaint relating to food quality, allergens or contamination.
- Develop and maintain documentation such as SOP's as well as maintenance of manuals, policies and procedures that relate to any food safety concerns.
- Conducts HACCP Related trainings to F&B Department.
- Conducts daily/ weekly/ monthly internal audits.
Health & Safety:
- Responsible to participate in all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within the department, in line with the Group Policy (HS001).
- They must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees under their management are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it.
- They must ensure that safe working practices are monitored, and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly.
- Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- A Secondary education (or equivalent education and experience) and Food Hygiene certification are required. A college degree is preferred.
- Minimum two to three years work experience as Hygiene Officer/Team Leader in a hotel or similar large restaurant complex, preferable prerequisite is experience in the Hotel industry.
- Team player, who values teamwork, has good team building skills and is able to communicate effectively with all levels of team members.
- Great communication skills, written and verbal required.
- Strong Leadership to motivate and engage with team members and management
- Problem Solving and solutions; Guests, Suppliers, Internal
- Management Skills; Costs, Schedules, Team Deployment
- Attention to Detail; Food Standards, costs, safety and team development
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse team of assistants, team leaders, cooks, managers, servers and senior members of the resort management team.
- Have a good understanding of inventory management systems Customer Service Financial Understanding
- Financial Understanding
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014