Job description / Role
The hostess is the first employee to interact with arriving guests as they enter the restaurant. She should ensure to provide proficient and professional Food & Beverage service to the guests by meeting and also exceeding their expectations.
Th8 Palm, Managed by Accor is a newly-opened 5* hotel, located at the Palm Jumeirah Island, inspired by the fashion, glamour and jet-set lifestyle of the cool white sands and art deco scene of Miami Beach. The hotel boasts of its direct beach access with uninterrupted views of the Palm, Dubai's iconic skyline and the Arabian Sea that will provide an ultimate luxury experience at the Palm Jumeirah. The project has a total of 121 guest rooms and suites and 3 food beverage outlets with creative & unique concepts. In addition, the hotel also features meeting facilities covering over 200 square meters that can host a range of events from small corporate meetings, product launches and team building activities to outdoor receptions and bespoke social events beach and poolside.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Check the reservation system and in-house guest information for the next meal period.
- Notify the supervisor of any large group bookings or any reservations with special request, VIP etc..
- Distribute reservations among all servers equally, informing them of all information necessary. Example, Birthdays, anniversaries, bill not to be taken to the table or any other unusual requests.
- All the reservations are allocated as per the floor plan.
- Always answer the phone politely using a friendly tone and being informative.
- The telephone must be answered on a maximum of three rings.
- If a customer has any questions, it is her responsibility to answer them accurately. Therefore, know your product and offerings.
- You must have complete knowledge of all food and beverage menus: The ingredients; the preparation; how items are served and with what; know your prices; know the promotions, special events etc..
- Understand the Server and runner tasks in the outlet and provide assistance as required.
- Have a fair idea about general information around the city.
- To be aware of all the policies and procedures in the Hotel.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Previous customer service experience required
- It is not mandatory to have hotel experience, a stand alone restaurant role as a Hostess is also welcomed to apply
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- High level of energy and professional at all times
- Excellent personal presentation and grooming
- High interest and knowledge in Indian cuisine and culture
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.