Job description / Role
- Manages and coordinates the operational effectiveness of all assigned food locations.
- Implements and enhances high level of service, quality, and sanitation standards within all facilities.
- Ensures that all guests are served in an efficient and friendly manner.
- Hands on approach in all operations, leading by example, being creative.
- Spends time daily in each facility to provide constructive and positive feedback for improving operations.
- Responsible for the weekly scheduling of all supervisors, team leaders and Model Citizens.
- Monitors handling of cash and inventory by supervisors, team leaders and Model Citizens.
- Responsible for maximizing revenue and per capita spending goals within the assigned outlets.
- Monitors cost controls in the areas of labour, food & beverage costs, banqueting, other direct expenses, and safety liability, keeping within budget.
- Provides input for annual budget
- Responsible for HACCP implementation and execution; working closely with HACCP Team Leader to maintain highest hygiene standards
- To lead the kitchen operation and working closely with Senior Chefs to ensure exceptional food offering, presentation and cost effective menus
- Conduct MOD schedules on a rotational basis to ensure optimum divisional performance for the guests.
- Ensures consistency in service level and food & beverage quality
- Stock and inventory control
- Development and management of Banqueting and Events Operation
- Extensive knowledge of F&B menu development, kitchen operation, hotel bar knowledge, insight into marketing, cost and wage control.
- Knowledge of food / beverage trends as well as bar recipes
- Ability to analyse, forecast data, and make judgments for Budgeting, P/L & Business review.
- Ability to conduct meetings, briefings and maintain communication in a positive and motivational manner.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
- Ability to create theme menus and apply knowledge of nutrition requirement, dietary needs and allergies.
- Thorough knowledge of UAE, related Municipality / Health & Hygiene rules occupational safety and health and HACCP
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience required
- 3 - 5 years of successful culinary experience in a similar position within a comparable hotel/restaurant offering
- Experience managing a team of direct reports with a proven track record of motivating a team to provide an outstanding dining experience
- Preferable having experience in ADACO systems.
- Pre-opening experience
- Managers/Supervisors are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within their department, in line with the Group Policy (HS001).
- They must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees under their management are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it.
- They must ensure that safe working practices are monitored, and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly.
- Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
General Manager - F&B
RTC-1 Employment Services
General Manager – F&B
RTC-1 Employment Services
Food & Beverage Operations Manager
MAYKS HR Consulting
Assistant F&B Manager
Dubai Parks and Resorts