Job description / Role
To manage all Food and Beverage activities including kitchens and service and back of house, with all relevant parties to ensure the smooth running of client’s properties to ensure the complete satisfaction of client at all times.
• Oversee properties’ service standards and food delivery ensuring that the highest quality of food and service is provide to Clients and their guests in a timely, effective manner at all times.
• Coordinate with Quality Assurance team and Sinyar to ensure all back of house and service areas of the properties fully comply with HACCP, OHSAS, code requirements, company standards and UAE laws.
• Liaise with COO, Operations Managers, and Property manager and all other departments on ideas for up-grading F&B service to enhance Client’s experience.
• Act as Point of contact for YOSH and Sinyar on major Project relating to the back of house services.
• Make recommendation and assist in the hiring of new staff.
• Prepare and evaluate Food and beverage staff periodically and for annul appraisals.
• Make recommendations for promotions, increments and rewards for staff members ensuring that these recommendations are in line with proposed staff budgets.
• Liaise with Executive Chefs, Property Managers and Procurements to ensure that only the best quality and freshest ingredients are purchased and used at all times.
• To increase choice and quality of food service to clients, ensure seasonally available fresh varieties and ingredients are used to the maximum.
• Introduce and implement effective training plans and sessions for Service, Kitchen and back of the House staff to increase quality of services.
• Sessions shall include but not limited to cooking techniques, guest services, hygiene, food safety, safe working practices and related topics as per Standard Operating Procedures.
• Assist and Liaise with Kitchen Engineering team and Sinyar for speedy repair and service of all kitchen and laundry equipment.
• Ensure all team members are smartly presented at all times and that they comply with the company’s personal appearance and uniform standards.
• Implement cleaning schedules and assign duties to cleaners and stewards Inspect all areas of the back of house, except where restricted, and ensure that all cleaning is done according to task checklists, quality standards of cleanliness and as per the schedule.
• Take necessary action where required to regulate performance and quality.
• Liaise with Chief Steward to maintain effective operational equipment inventories in all properties.
• And ensure breakage control processes are in place.
• Same shall be investigated and recorded.
• Liaise with and support Event coordinator for all special events and regular event to ensure clients’ satisfaction at all times.
• Lead by example and promote efficiency, integrity, courtesy& an extremely high standard of quality.
• Demonstrate strong leadership skills and liaise between property Manager and Property food and beverage Management at all times.
• Ensure that the standards required by Management are maintained at all times in the operation.
• Comply with any requests made by management to the best of the ability.
• Seeking help from management where needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Direct Manager.
• Degree in hospitality management OR combination of Diploma in Hospitality Management and relevant experience
• Minimum 8 years of relevant experience working with large and high-profile households or in luxury 5-star Hotels managing large teams and multiple projects.
• Significant knowledge of the food and beverage industry, including supply chain, managing Client expectations, budgetary control and service delivery to an exceptionally high standard.
• Knowledge of various types of food, dishes and beverages
• Able to work without supervision and manage large teams.
• Up to date knowledge on Food and beverage trends.
• Ability to communicate in English. Knowledge of other languages such as Arabic is preferred.
• High Degree of Integrity
• Courteous and well-mannered personality
• Attentions to fine detail
• Quality and Safety proficiency (working knowledge)
• Team Building
About the Company
WFC Holding was born out of a market need for specialist shared services support functions in the UAE.
WFC Holding has rapidly expanded its service offering, capability, and client base to become an integrated business process outsourcing company.