Job description / Role
As a Server/ Pool Attendant with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding Food & Beverage offerings makes guests of our restaurants and lounges feel unique and valued.
Located on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates with sweeping views of the Gulf known for its natural beauty set against the backdrop of the historic Hajar Mountains. The hotel consists of 180 rooms and residences, along with a marina and beach club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Lava Beach Club Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• To report for duty punctually, in full uniform according to appearance and grooming standards
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging services.
• Welcome guests to the pool facility and ensure they have a safe and enjoyable experience .
• Oversee the cleanliness and the daily upkeep of the pool, pool area, locker and change rooms.
• Ensure guests are aware of all services and activities available at the pool.
• Ensure an adequate supply of towels and water are available to guest.
• Ensure all external guests have registered into the facility.
• Assist in promoting the facility and organizing special events as required.
• Provide Food and Beverage pool side service as required.
• Follow departmental policies and procedures .
• Follow all safety and sanitation policies.
• To promote and maintain a positive working relationship at all times with all the Colleagues of The Pool, Health Club and The Fairmont Fujairah Beach Resort.
• To demonstrate a complete understanding of all policies, procedures and standards stated in The Fairmont Fujairah Beach Resort.
• To follow all departmental policies, procedures and set service standards as outlined in the Colleague Resource Guide.
• To consistently offer professional, friendly and warm hospitality to all guests.
• To foster and practice teamwork and cooperation with all other positions existing in the outlet.
• To attend all required training sessions and be aware of any changes to menus, hotel and departmental policies and procedures, service standards as well as business trends and requirements.
• To demonstrate a complete knowledge and understanding of the service, food and beverage service standards, and all other service standards as outlined in the Job Task List and the Colleague Resource Guide.
• To have full and complete knowledge of the food menu and beverage menu. To know about menu items, ingredients, preparation methods and garnishes for all dishes and drinks. To be able to guide the guest through the menu and make any suggestions or recommendations in the guests’ interest. To be able to answer any guest question about food items and beverages in an informative and helpful way.
• To have complete understanding of the expediting line set ups at the different kitchens, to know expediting procedures and to use proper communication with the kitchen staff for completing and delivering food orders.
• To perform all opening, side and closing duties as well as all daily and weekly duties to the set standards as outlined in the Job Task Checklist and in the Colleague Resource Guide.
• To attend pre-shift, weekly and monthly meetings to be well informed about all events, promotions and other news concerning The Food and Beverage and The Fairmont Fujairah Beach Resort .
• To understand how to operate all the equipment used in the outlet and to protect all assets in the outlet and in the hotel.
• To assist all guests (internal and external) with any inquiries or requests in a pleasant, helpful manner.
• To actively participate in and follow all health and safety policies and procedures set out for The Venue and the hotel.
• Carrying out any miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as requested by your Manager pertaining to total quality service delivered in Lava & Iammai.
Other duties and responsibilities:
• Regular attendance in conformance with the standards.
• Attendance of all training scheduled outside of shift hours
• Flexibility in availability for changing shifts according to the demand of the business
• Complying with all Fairmont rules and regulations at all times.
• Ensuring excellent first impression of the guest by practicing excellent personal hygiene and impeccable cleanliness of the outlet.
• Provide unique experiences to all of our guests through warm, personal & detailed service in an upscale, fast paced environment.
• Work with the team to achieve greater results and positive relations.
• Enhance guest experience with your food and beverage knowledge.
• Provide service consistent with all Fairmont Standards.
• Perform duties as requested by supervisors/managers.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Previous service experience an asset
• Previous point of sale system experience an asset, but not required
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Abu Dhabi||9 Dec|