Job description / Role
Location: Dubai, U.A.E.
Play Your Part
Trains, supports and leads employees in performing their job duties to the highest possible level. Controls cash, labour and food preparation and presentation within the resort’s standards and policies. Leads by example in guest service to ensure guest orders are processed in a friendly and efficient manner. Responsible for receiving products, the daily setup and clear down of the front and back of house restaurant operation. Supports and assists Unit Lead, Assistant Supervisor, and Supervisor in the daily operation of the assigned unit(s). Needs working knowledge of resort safety, sanitation, and cleanliness standards and polices.
• Must understand and meet all guest expectations and have the ability to communicate clearly.
• Maintains high service standards with children as a primary focus. Is ready to have fun with and entertain the guests as part of the daily duty.
• Serves all guests in a friendly, efficient, and courteous manner.
• Needs to work with other team members to provide a positive guest experience.
• Must understand how to make decisions to ensure high level of guest satisfaction.
• Must constantly train and monitor all Team members in the delivery of the highest standard of guest service as required by the resort.
• Understands and exhibits the values of the FRESH guest service program.
• Shows leadership by being a positive and exuberant example for other team members.
• Understands how to continuously motivate and encourage staff to perform their best and always provides support as a team player.
• Must show business drive by setting clear direction for staff to follow and creatively encourage up-selling in the assigned unit(s).
• Is responsible of the assigned unit being set up and ready for business according to operating schedule and that the unit is being cleared down according to resort policy.
• Documents and communicates any issues to Unit Lead, Assistant Supervisor, and Supervisor.
• Must possess in-depth knowledge of the location menu, product lines and preparation procedures.
• Maintains and monitors the delivery of high quality, fresh food products to our guests on a daily basis.
• Effectively displays and prepares high quality product for the guest using the fresh food philosophy as a basis for all displays and merchandising.
• Monitors and maintains the proper taste, temperature, and appearance of all food items served to the guests.
• Must follow the resort, Merlin Entertainment, and local/regional guidelines/policies and procedures regarding proper sanitation and cleanliness standards.
• Must continuously monitor and have an overview of the cleanliness of patio, front and back of house during the entire daily business operation.
• Must practice all safety policies and procedures as set by the resort.
• Expected to take responsibility for inspecting and reporting all safety hazards to Unit lead/Assistant Supervisor/ Supervisor or safety representative immediately.
• Must monitor and re-train model citizens on all safety aspects in the daily operation.
• Must be knowledgeable on all resort safety and HACCP procedures and responsible for implementing and maintaining any relevant procedures and records. Must be able to pass the Food Handlers sanitation class that will be offered to all staff.
• Must be able to accurately operate a computerized cash register and maintain all cash handling records on a daily basis.
• Will take full responsibility for all funds and cash handled as outlined in the resort’s cash handling policy.
• Must be able to conduct investigation and follow resort policy in case of a cash discrepancy in the daily count out.
• Responsible for ensuring safe is balanced in accordance with SOPs. May be responsible for ensuring deposits are accurate and securely transported to onsite Cash Vault.
• Must be able to work in a very fast paced, multi task environment with extreme temperature changes. Must be able to work both indoor and outdoor, year-round environment with exposure to a variety of changing weather conditions.
• Wardrobe and Grooming: Must follow and adhere to all policies and procedures as set by the resort.
• Must follow all resort applicable laws and license restrictions governing the sale and service of alcoholic beverages in the restaurants.
• Is expected to assists with various special events and catering if required as a part of day to day duty
• On the Job Training: The F&B Team Lead serves as an On the Job Trainer (OJT). As such, the Team Lead is responsible for executing the locations training plan and completing necessary documentation. Supports new and existing staff in understanding material presented. Works with management team to ensure material is relevant and implemented properly by all trained staff.
Health & Safety:
Managers/Supervisors are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within their department, in line with the Group Policy (HS001). In particular, they must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees under their management are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it. They must ensure that safe working practices are monitored, and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
• Experience within a restaurant or food service industry is preferred.
• Requires a positive attitude and an ability to work with others.
• Must present a positive and professional attitude at all times.
• Must have a desire to give service on the highest possible level.
• Must be able to pass a Food Handler
• All MCs must be able to work during peak times, including weekends, holidays, and special occasions.
• Must be flexible to work shorter or longer hours due to business volume.
• Will be expected to assists with various special events and catering if required as a part of day to day duty
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||13 Jun|
RTC-1 Employment Services
ManpowerGroup Middle East
|Al Ain||21 Jun|