Job description / Role
The Facilities Engineer will take responsibility for the facility maintenance provisions, ensure that day-to-day tasks are undertaken and lead a small team of hard and soft service junior staff in tandem with specialist systems vendors.
They will oversee the planning and scheduling of all resources required to deliver the Facilities maintenance service including parts, labour and the input of the specialist service delivery partners. Once tasks are completed the facilities engineer will audit all services to ensure that workmanship is of the highest standards.
They will have input into the development of the maintenance procedures and protocols including method statements, permits to work and appropriate supporting risk assessments. Where required, they will also act as the Approved / Authorised Person for conducting Risk Assessment and signing off Method Statements and Permits to Work.
The role requires a degree of flexibility and hands on technical completion of planned and reactive maintenance. The facilities engineer is expected to complete the manual labour within this unique defined job description. Developing relationships with client clinical key stakeholders is key to the success profile of this role.
* Provide technical support to the project on all Facilities Systems
* Own the development, implementation and monitoring of policies, procedures and protocols for the Facilities services (inc. Permit to Work System and Emergency Procedures)
* Support the Maintenance activities of the department by providing specialist engineering knowledge and advice, associated with the full range of building services.
* Undertake Authorised Person (AP) duties for Facilities systems.
* Prepare and provide management reports in a timely manner as and when required Provide and prepare estimates and quotations for small project works as and when required Preparation of competency assessment and issuing of standing Instructions
* Plan, coordinate and supervise in house staff, consultants and specialist service contractors on the building services.
* Carry out manual planned and reactive maintenance on all MEP assets and systems within the client's facility.
* Work with Serco Subject Matter Experts (SME) to develop auditing processes in line with NHS 2007 Cleaning Standards and Dubai Healthcare Authority.
* Responsibility for the delivery of all planned and reactive tasks in accordance with the Service Level Specification requirements
* Coordinate with external parties regarding the Facilities Services
* Co-ordination of building surveys and input into the development of the annual and 5 Year Asset Maintenance Plans, Energy Management Plans and the Condition Survey
* Arrange any Insurance/3rd Party Inspections with external parties.
* Carrying out risk assessments and develop Method Statements to ensure all operatives and tasks are carried out safely
* Provide analysis and comment technically upon maintenance feedback from both in-house and specialist service partners
* Maintain good and harmonious relationships with the client, tenants and visitors and respond to any complaints promptly. Any issues to be reported to the helpdesk.
* All work is to be performed as per HSE regulations, municipal by-laws, government legislation and Building codes.
* Develop and deliver a training matrix of basic maintenance skills to support the development of Technicians into multi-skilled Technicians
* Develop and ensure delivery of regular tool box talks to the technical team.
* Whilst the holder will take primary responsibility of the Facilities systems on site, they should be conversant with, and understand, the complete working of the electrical, Facilities and electronic systems.
* Ensure personnel issues and attendance records of their team are dealt with in an appropriate manner.
* Perform other works as directed by their line manager from time to time.
* Ensure compliance with the company Management System relevant to the position.
Degree in Civil Engineering Engineering
* 5+ years' experience in a maintenance role
* 3+ years' experience in managing teams of technicians Experience in district cooling systems will be advantageous Accuracy and attention to detail.
* IT skills.
* Ability to work to tight deadlines in a demanding environment.
Additional / special features of the role
* Ensure compliance with the company Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
* Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
* To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 organisational HSE responsibilities
* Ensure compliance with all training requirements of company and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
* Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
About the Company
CSG are the Global Talent Experts.
Founded in 2003, CSG began as six independent recruitment agencies. Now, we boast over 200 specialist consultants operating from six offices across Europe, Asia, Australia and MENA, in seven distinct practice areas.
We pride ourselves on our sector expertise; we have specialist teams working in niche markets across Life Sciences & Healthcare, Energy & Natural Resources, Consumer, Transportation, Engineering & Construction, Business Services and Technology. We also provide temporary recruitment services through our contracting arm CRE, working within Construction, IT and Digital Services.
CSG’s vision is to be the first and continuous choice when managing both our clients’ global talent needs and our candidates’ long-term careers. In 2017 alone, we partnered with 435 international clients and made placements in 62 countries. From our proactive executive searches to our Talent Strategy Services, we see ourselves as your talent partners, and that ethos is reflected in everything we do.