Job description / Role
A global leading Construction and Project Management Consultancy is looking for an experienced client side Facilities Engineer to join their Facilities Management team in Abu Dhabi.
• Monitor Contractor’s compliance with contractual deliverables, terms and condition throughout the contract lifecycle through regular performance audits, review of performance reports, and issue monthly work completion reports. Compile and prepare accurate documentation, and coordinate various tendering and contracts services while maximizing the utilization of available systems in line with Company’s standards, policies and procedures.
General Description of the Role and Responsibilities:
• Contracts Mobilization
• Develop and Coordinate contract mobilization plans to ensure successful mobilization in line with the contract requirements and deliverables.
• Issuance of contract call-off and work orders (where applicable) in coordination with the relevant internal operations team
Performance monitoring & Evaluation:
• Ensure effective contracts post-award lifecycle management, including successful mobilization, performance monitoring, monthly contract performance evaluations, payments certifications and contracts close-out.
• Oversee the administration of all running contracts and agreements and review progress report of contract, address challenges raised by contractors and evaluate performance improvement recommendations. Coordinate monthly performance evaluation to ascertain the level of contractor’s conformity with the contract scope of work as well as general terms and conditions.
• Monitor conformity and compliance with stipulated contract service level agreements and key performance indicators.
• Initiate remedial measures for underperforming contracts including issuance on non-conformity reports, penalties and other measures to ensure contractor conformity to stipulated terms and conditions as well as the scope of works.
• Receive and review weekly and monthly performance reports and coordinate required action plans as stipulated in the reports.
• Initiate remedial action for contract non-conformities through the issuance of Non-Conformity Reports (NCRs).
• Support internal team with contractual matters related to contract terms and conditions including determination non-compliance indicators for contract terms and conditions
• Coordinate resolution of identified discrepancies including executive meetings with Contractors to resolve discrepancies, advice on areas requiring improvement and for negotiation. Raise recommendations to management for new/renewal or cancellation of contracts/agreements.
• In coordination with relevant function managers, initiate and consolidate data for annual contracts budgets
• Submit budgetary estimates for entire contracts portfolio to respective department managers/VP-GSD for incorporation into the division budget.
• Obtain budgetary quotations for project budgeting
• Review and revise budgetary provision accordingly as instructed by respective department managers / VP-GSD.
Contracts Administration Services:
• Prepare technical specifications and work scopes for technical and services contracts and agreements, ensuring coordination with Procurement & Contracting Division until finalization.
• Maintain scheduling of Tendering process, follow-up with Contracts Engineers and End Users on the status of contracts handled by the concerned Section and clarify related queries to maintain the continuation of services.
• Participate in tender technical evaluations committees to ensure the objectivity and integrity of technical evaluations
• Update and maintain standard forms of communication, Tender Document, Coordinate, compile and prepare Tender Documents as per User requirements, and handle necessary formalities and preparations based on Company procedure
• Coordinate and make necessary arrangements for the third party site visit, in coordination with the Bidders and end-user.
• Liaise with Procurement for Agreement review and initialling and carryout distribution formalities including, Agreement document preparation, forward the document for user’s review & initialling, send the Agreement to Contractor’s signature and follow-up, Management signature and final distribution of the Agreement document after both parties signature.
• Follow-up and communicate with Finance, Insurance and procurement with regard to the bank guarantees and insurance documents submissions
• Run various computer-based reports to advise on the status of the pending activities with the Contractors and End Users related to the submission of offers, evaluations and clarifications.
• Review contracts requests, work orders, call-off orders, invoices and various other contracts documents.
• Liaising with procurement and Finance to ensure compliance with related existing policies and procedures including adjustment and changes as and when they occur to minimize the impact on contract financial obligations.
• Review contractors’ payment applications for compliance with stipulated contractual deliverables including but not limited to the scope of work, insurances, performance bonds, Service Level Agreement (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs).
• Issue work completion certifications against certified works as supporting documentation for invoicing.
• Review Contractors invoices for compliance with contract payment terms.
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
• 15 or more years of experience in Contracts Management, Contractor post-award evaluation, development of scope of work, SLAs and KPIs, tendering and contract management within a large industrial organization, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry.
• Must have competency in Proficiency in ORACLE.
• Must have competency in development of cost trends and budget to actual analysis.
• Experience in contracts processes automation through ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, CAFM or other software’s).
• Good knowledge about tendering process, technical bids, commercial bids, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to manage Contractual/Commercial activities.
• Effective interpersonal skills to interface with contractors and business clients.
• Knowledge about UAE laws and regulations.
• Experience in developing FM scope of work for multiple FM services.
• Experience in developing SLA’s & KPI’s.
• Experience in understanding various types of FM contracts.
• Experience in managing full tendering cycle.
• Experience in developing contracts budget and administration of contracts.
• Complete understanding of contracts risks, variations and how to deal with it.
• Experience in developing BOQs and pricing sheets for Hard & soft services.
• Facilities Management experience is preferable.
About the Company
CSG are the Global Talent Experts.
Founded in 2003, CSG began as six independent recruitment agencies. Now, we boast over 200 specialist consultants operating from six offices across Europe, Asia, Australia and MENA, in seven distinct practice areas.
We pride ourselves on our sector expertise; we have specialist teams working in niche markets across Life Sciences & Healthcare, Energy & Natural Resources, Consumer, Transportation, Engineering & Construction, Business Services and Technology. We also provide temporary recruitment services through our contracting arm CRE, working within Construction, IT and Digital Services.
CSG’s vision is to be the first and continuous choice when managing both our clients’ global talent needs and our candidates’ long-term careers. In 2017 alone, we partnered with 435 international clients and made placements in 62 countries. From our proactive executive searches to our Talent Strategy Services, we see ourselves as your talent partners, and that ethos is reflected in everything we do.
Maintenance / Facilities Management Head - Arabic Speaker
|Abu Dhabi||30 Jan|
Big Fish Recruitment
Maintenance Manager - Facilities Management Contract
Big Fish Recruitment
A Leading Private Company in UAE
Facilities / Operation Manager