Job description / Role
• Responsible for maintaining and repairing all building assets including all HVAC, plumbing and electrical components.
• Evaluate design, develop and maintain mechanical systems and/or components to required specifications, focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability.
• Understand project controls, cost estimates, quantity takeoffs and manpower requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
• Monitoring and operating pools and boilers; performing repairs and maintenance on fitness equipment and ensuring repairs and maintenance are addressed safely and promptly.
• Performs assignments independently with instruction as to the general results expected and with guidance from Department Manager on unusual or complex problems.
• Provides technical direction and on-the-job training to team leaders, supervisors and technicians.
• Assigns and coordinates work to team leaders, supervisors and technicians.
• Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate program of assigned engineering work and projects.
• Running quality checks to make sure systems are working properly and safely
• Diagnosing and fixing faults
• Carrying out planned maintenance
• Performs assignments independently with instruction as to the general results expected and with guidance from Line Manager on unusual or complex problems.
• Ensure proper interdisciplinary coordination and effective communication on projects
• Analyze reports, maps, drawings, tests, and other data to plan and maintain installations.
• Direct and/or participate in job site visits to collect or deliver services
• Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks. Direct and coordinate small installations, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements
• Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards
• Provide technical assistance to field personnel in the areas of Mechanical equipment and Mechanical motors/generators
• Respond and provide technical assistance to Mechanical equipment problems within the clients’ facilities
• Issue repair reports at the conclusion of critical jobs for proper historical documentation
• Identify engineered resolutions to recurring Mechanical issues
• Improve plant/equipment reliability through historical trending and improved maintenance procedures.
• Lead and participate in Failure Analysis and Vulnerability studies
• Execute equipment maintenance strategies (predictive and preventive).
• Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
and reports to meet and department requirements, policies and standards
• Ensure all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental procedures, instructions and controls are adhered to so that the safety of employees, quality of products/services and environmental compliance can be guaranteed
• Liaise with the HSEQ department for creating standard operating procedures
• Timely issue and send the incident reports to HSEEQ department
• Support the HSEQ staff for investigating the incidents
• Finalize and update the HIRA with support of HSEQ staff
• Implement the risk control measures arising from the HIRA
• Conduct toolbox & SOP training whenever the supervisor is deemed incompetent about the topic
• Prepare the yearly schedule of toolbox and SOP training with support HSEQ staff
• Ensure relevant emergency tests are conducted
• Requires a broad knowledge of the application of engineering to plant and buildings operations and maintenance
• Knowledge of the UAE laws and regulations as well as global best practice
• Decisiveness and Judgment
• Innovative and Conceptual
• Numerical and Problem solving
• Communication and Influencing
• Interpersonal and Negotiation
• Planning and Organising
• Computer Proficiency
• 3 - 6 years experience in Mechanical maintenance with exposure to Facilities Management especially in the areas of Mechanical Engineering
If Interested, Please Apply With Expected Salary For The Position
About the Company
The Ziad Galadari Group is one of the UAE’s largest and most respected privately owned companies. Strong leadership and sustainable funding has allowed it to grow into one of the largest investment, trading, transporting, engineering, real estate and catering conglomerates in the UAE. With headquarters in Dubai, it now has more diverse operations in industrial and business fields than almost any other similar group in the region.
The family name has been a fixture in the UAE business community since the 1960’s but it has been Ziad Galadari who has developed his group the furthest, currently diversifying into 32 major companies, some of which rank among the largest and most active in the region.