Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The Facilities Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the service delivery by in house staff, and appointed service providers across the contract, including liaison with other key support staff providing guidance and direction as required. To provide continuous oversight and monitoring of performance for both Hard and Soft services and to liaise with other departments and key stakeholders on all FM matters. The position will be responsible for ensuring compliance with Serco financial, commercial, service delivery, risk mitigation and achievement of contractual targets of quality, safety and service reliability.
The role is essential to support growth, both for new and existing contract opportunities, ensuring FM services are effectively managed and delivered to the highest standard.
- Management and coordination of all Facilities Management Services and deliverables across multiple contracts
- Manage all activities by contractors and service providers for the delivery of FM services. Audit & control of KPI and SLA related to contractual obligations
- Responsible for the Facilities Management Service including QHSE policies, procedures and systems that support a safe and professional work ethic and that it remains relevant and up-to-date ensuring they are aware of the Serco Integrated Management System (IMS), UAE legislation, regulatory compliance and industry best practice
- Management and leadership of the Facilities Management administrative staff and service providers across all disciplines and departments.
- Production of monthly and annual operational reports to both specified timeframes and adhoc requests as required. Reports will provide technical details where required for the services, KPI's and other relevant information
- Develop, manage and deliver any additional Facilities Management services as required by the client and key stakeholder.
- Carry out audit and inspection on service provider's contractual obligations and performance. Sample work orders and ensure completion per quality expectations and SLA
- Procurement of service from specialist service provider, including preparation of scope, tendering, engaging, monitoring and sign off of service reports and consequent approval to process payment
- Provision of reports and other documentation (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc) directly and from service providers as required
- Contribute to the preparation of Budgets, financial monitoring and cost controls
- Implement and manage continual improvement & environmental initiatives, projects and programmes across all areas of the departments including service delivery, staff engagement, cost reductions and innovation
- Establish effective and successful relationships with stakeholders
- Deputise for, and undertake other tasks as directed by the Management
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Proven experience in facilities management and the built environment, with a combination of hard and soft services experience being desirable
- Highly motivated, flexible individual with energy and drive. Have good planning abilities, an analytical approach to problem solving and a good knowledge of built environment technology
- Good communicator at all levels with the ability to demonstrate strong knowledge, advice, and guidance to support the client and key stakeholders
- Must have had extensive experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams in addition to integrating staff from different departments
- Western qualified Degree holder in Facilities Management discipline
- At least 5 years of Facilities Management experience in a reputable FM services company
- Min. 2 years of Managerial experience in FM services delivery
- Experience of managing multiple teams
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.