Job description / Role
Global Facilities Management provider required an experienced Facilities Manager to join their team in Dubai.
The Facilities Manager holds full responsibility for the operational aspects of the FM contract, ensuring a high performance team delivers world-class management and facilities services. The role encompasses overseeing MEP, cleaning and specialist systems service delivery through a mixture of in-house and specialist sub-contractor teams for all as installed plant and equipment. This role will be instrumental in establishing a structured and quality focused management team, and in developing an appropriate delivery model for the facilities services which balances sub-contracts and self-delivery, utilising the best capabilities from the local market, together with proven expatriate labour to achieve optimum services performance. You will ensure contract KPI’s are achieved as a minimum, LEED Estidama certification is maintained, governance structures mirror international best practices such as IFRS, and a learning and continuous improvement culture is inculcated and developed in the FM team.
• Responsible for delivering total facilities management and project management components of the contract to match the expectations of the client, commensurate with a world-class facility, with full compliance with performance obligations. The strategy requires strong client relationships ensuring that all works are carried out efficiently and effectively, managing all extended agreed works within the contract obligations and works external to the contract.
• Establish management interfaces and communication protocols between all stakeholders, ensuring there is a management plan for each.
• Establish the emergency management structure and oversee the development of the emergency plan.
• Deliver the range of services required in the facilities management contract in an efficient and cost effective manner balancing the financial provision and the works to be performed, in accordance with contract operating procedures.
• Deliver project management works with zero impact to the client’s business and day-to-day operation of the facilities.
• Ensure a continuous provision of essential utility services.
• Ensure continuous improvement in service delivery, environmental and energy management.
• Introduce international best practices into the delivery of services.
• as required and augmenting with company system procedures, and incorporate into the service delivery model.
• Ensure that there is a cohesive and logical process in place to support continuous professional. development of the team,
with the aim of continuous year on year improvements in service delivery.
• Prepare the yearly budget for those items not within the annual budget in contract years 1 to 3, in conjunction with the Country Manager.
• Review quarterly reforecast and prepare monthly accruals and submit to the General Manager.
• Ensure that services are delivered within the annual budget.
• Prepare the annual operating budgets in conjunction with the Country Manager, and agree the annual budget.
• Achieve zero abatement from contract performance KPI through focused and diligent management of the contract work performance.
• Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, codes and standards.
• Ensure compliance with client Operational Procedure Manuals (OPM’s) and General Instructions (GI’s).
• Ensure the contract’s sub-contractors and suppliers are effectively managed so that they deliver the services in accordance with the contract requirements, company system requirements in a cost effective manner.
• Oversee maintenance planning, scheduling and operations including maintenance and updating of all necessary input data and output reports.
• Develop appropriate scope of works and contract documentation to all service contracts to be entered into in accordance with companies procurement procedure.
• Tender and appoint contractors as provided under contract or as per company guidelines.
• Monitor and measure contract quality performance and promote continuous improvement using KPI assessments and analysis, site and customer surveys and sub-contractor interviews.
• Undertake condition surveys and technical troubleshooting and prepare formal reports.
• Attendance on site on a full-time basis and ensure arrangements are in place to provide appropriate service coverage.
• Provide technical and management service and support to the clients.
• Prepare and obtain approvals for client works including variations and additional works as provided under the contract and in accordance with the company and the client’s procurement procedures.
• Prepare monthly contract client reports on time and submit to the Country Manager for review.
• Identify critical systems and spare parts and ensure 99.99% availability with appropriate redundancy mechanisms developed and in place.
• Identify risks and mitigate them, identify opportunities and capitalise on them.
• Establish a stakeholder management plan and build relationships with the client FM Team and other appropriate client employee’s.
• Manage and deliver a positive customer relationship with client management, users, occupiers and all stakeholders.
• Review all reports for issue to the client, and present as required once approved by the Country Manager.
• Manage client meetings and prepare the agenda and minutes of meetings.
AED 22,000 to 25,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Engineering degree in Electrical or Mechanical disciplines.
• Bachelors degree in a built environment discipline such as Building, Mechanical, Electrical or Services Engineering or Facilities Management and/or Property Management qualifications.
• IOSH Managing Safely.
• First Aid Certificate.
• Contract/General Management training.
• Budgeting, finance etc.
• Training in current OHSE and QA and environmental legislations and systems.
• Nebosh diploma.
• Minimum 7 to 10 years experience in a senior facilities or building management role in a high profile environment.
• Experience in managing direct delivery services including hard and soft services.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in scoping, tendering and documenting subcontracts.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing/supervising the delivery of subcontractors.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience within a work environment using QA, OH & S and Environmental Management systems.
• Minimum 5 years providing written reports and recommendations to clients.
• Experience in managing the delivery of services to meet KPIs, without attracting abatements.
• High level of knowledge in current computer software with essential knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook or related program.
• High level of experience in the use of CAFM systems.
• Understanding of current technical legislation in relation to the delivery of facilities maintenance management.
• Ability to carry out condition, performance and regulatory compliance surveys and reports.
About the Company
CSG are the Global Talent Experts.
Founded in 2003, CSG began as six independent recruitment agencies. Now, we boast over 200 specialist consultants operating from six offices across Europe, Asia, Australia and MENA, in seven distinct practice areas.
We pride ourselves on our sector expertise; we have specialist teams working in niche markets across Life Sciences & Healthcare, Energy & Natural Resources, Consumer, Transportation, Engineering & Construction, Business Services and Technology. We also provide temporary recruitment services through our contracting arm CRE, working within Construction, IT and Digital Services.
CSG’s vision is to be the first and continuous choice when managing both our clients’ global talent needs and our candidates’ long-term careers. In 2017 alone, we partnered with 435 international clients and made placements in 62 countries. From our proactive executive searches to our Talent Strategy Services, we see ourselves as your talent partners, and that ethos is reflected in everything we do.