Job description / Role
The Facilities Manager leads and controls the maintenance and sanitation efforts of the business that ensures optimum efficiency and sanitation of plant and equipment, as well as the day to day running of the laundry operations.
• 24/7 management of the maintenance. Cleaning and laundry functions for the business
• Uses technical knowledge to develop relevant business cases for new equipment, when justified for cost reduction, new business, diversification or repair and replacement
• Manages projects as and when required, including scope generation, the management of contractor meetings and overall project cost management
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of the SOP’s relating to all functions and activities in the department
• Creates, maintains and reports on the KPI’s relevant to his departments, using highly graphical data to illustrate the current state
• Is responsible for developing the business continuity plan, in regards plant, utilities and overall site risk
• Ensures that preventative and reactive operations are sufficient as to provide a minimum of 95% reliability at all times
• Is responsible for conducting risk assessments and generating the risk mitigation plans
• Contributes to the financial budget planning by providing data that is specific and relevant to the operational costs related to FM
• Uses his experience and budgetary skills to contribute to the development of the CAPEX for the following year
• Uses 5s expertise to ensure world class standards in housekeeping and demarcation
• Uses industry and supplier base knowledge to gather relevant quotation relevant to tender processes that lead to the optimum selection of contractors or suppliers.
• Responsible for the training of the staff under his leadership, the documentation relating to such documentation and the regular and systemic review program to ensure all staff are aware and fully skilled in their area of deployment
• Responsible for the recruitment of staff within his departments, and the development of succession planning for the team
• Makes appropriate business cases as and when capacity of plant or equipment reaches or exceeds 70% as to avoid business growth risk
• Measures actual repair and maintenance (R&M) expenditure and reports the weekly performance against the budget
• Is responsible for the selection of employees, and the appraisal programs of all staff under his leadership
• Is aware of local and federal regulations in regards plant, sanitation and equipment maintenance and operating procedures and is responsible for ensuring site compliance
• Leads, coaches and supports the supervisors to ensure optimum day to day performance when measured against the KPI’s.
• Is customer facing, and agrees internal supplier performance KPI’s with his peer group
• Takes a lead role where the site is under an emergency state, through fire or chemical spillage, and is fully engaged with emergency service throughout
• Prepares and generates all relevant technical specifications and scopes of work relating to supply of equipment and services for the business.
• Is responsible for the effective operations of the work permit program, ensuring that all 3rd party employees are safe, and that all safety measures are applied
• Ensures that all plant and equipment is measured for its reliability and capacity, and that such measures are reported as weekly KPI’
• Degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline
• 5 years FM management experience in a kitchen environment or equivalent
• Experience in laundry operations
• Experience in handling government bodies, such as Sharjah or Dubai Municipality
• Excellent English written and verbal skills
• Able to demonstrate exceptional leadership and strategic management
• Budget responsibility of 10 million Dhs per year
• Experience of management of RFQ and selection of contractor and suppliers
• Previous project management experience, with evidence of financial responsibility to 1 million Dhs contract value.
About the Company
We are a dynamic food service company employing 490 employees, operating both Business to Business services as well as a wide range of branded consumer food and beverage outlets and events and banqueting. Our main catering unit and offices are located in Sharjah, however, goods and services are provided also in Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah.
Facilities Management Operations Manager
Facility Maintenance Supervisor
Ziad Galadari Group
Operations Supervisor (Facilities Management)
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||22 Mar|
Director of Facilities Management - Retail
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
|Abu Dhabi||15 May|
Facilities Manager - Arabic Speaking
|Abu Dhabi||25 Feb|