Job description / Role
Dubai Parks and Resorts comprises of three theme parks - MOTIONGATE Dubai, BOLLYWOOD PARKS Dubai, and LEGOLAND Dubai and one water park - LEGOLAND Water Park - connected by Riverland Dubai - a retail, dining and entertainment walkway. The destination will also feature the Lapita Hotel, a Polynesian-themed resort catering to families.
Don't just visit - be a part of it! Join a talented and creative team to deliver unforgettable experiences for people from across the globe. Share your expertise, skills and passion with us, and be part of something everyone will be talking about for years to come.
Play Your Part
This role forms part of the Facilities Management delivery team for the Dubai Parks & Resorts., The role expects day to day management of a mixture of in house staff and outsourced Facilities Management service providers with the candidate being confident to work independently and taking responsibly for their areas assigned.
Provide support to the facilities operation during the initial set up phase and ongoing operation thereafter. Provide guidance to service provider to make sure the Facilities operation is operating best in class.
- Provides technical assistance to Facilities Managers in such areas as facilities audits and standards, preventive maintenance, and space utilization.
- Investigating availability and suitability of options for new premises
- Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities
- Directing, coordinating and planning essential central services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling
- Ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation
- Makes recommendations regarding facilities policy in daily activities areas as well as long-range management areas.
- Supervises implementation of procedures.
- Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.
- Foster goal achievement, team building, communication, and overall performance in all operations areas and across departments
- Manage projects to ensure that they are on time and within approved budgets.
- Lead in the evaluation and selection of contractors as warranted by the project.
- Provide direction and supervision to facilities managers, contractors, either general or subs, as projects progress.
- Provide overall direction and leadership for the corporate operation and management of facilities services as well as EH&S to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Ensure the company is in compliance with all regulatory agency requirements as they relate to environmental health and safety in the following:
- Oversee the development of health and safety procedures as they relate to waste management and building safety;
- Oversee facilities operation and EH&S audits.
- Interface and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in the development of cross -departmental work.
- Develop staff and manage performance to ensure the organization is effective and poised to strategically meet the needs of the business
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to find creative solutions.
- Strong initiative and desire to work in a team oriented environment.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent time, and project, management skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
- Responsible for directing, supervising, and monitoring the activities of DPR FM personnel on a day-today basis, including training, developing and coaching these staff members
- Monitor each Facilities Manager's Zones operation to insure compliance with, lease conditions, budgetary goals, governmental regulations and Property Management User.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Construction Engineering or Business
- 6-9 + years of progressively responsible work related experience and any combination of education and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job, combined with demonstrated professional growth and achievement
- Understanding a situation, issue, problem, etc., by breaking it into smaller pieces, or tracing the implications of a situation in a step by step way
- Analytical thinking includes organizing the parts of comparisons of different features or aspects; setting priorities on a rational basis; and identifying time sequences, causal relationships, or if-then relationships
- Project management - previous experience of delivering projects on budget/time
- Working knowledge of procurement and negotiation and management of external contracts
- Good knowledge of electrical engineering, compressed dry air systems, chilled water systems and gas systems
- Working experience of health & safety management
- PC literate with PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills and web-based software's
- Previous experience of managing specialized facilities/Theme Parks/ 5*Hotels and/or resorts
- Worked with multinational teams
- Previous experience of managing quality and/or environmental management systems
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances. We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
|Ras Al Khaimah||3 Aug|
Facilities Service Manager
VAMED Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||13 Sep|
Opus Recruit Middle East
Facilities Manager / Division Head / Unit Head
A Leading Group In The UAE
Director of Facilities Management - Retail
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
|Abu Dhabi||15 May|