Job description / Role
• To ensure that all the operational delivery aspects of an assigned service contract, department, section or geographical operational area are delivered in an effective, efficient and professional manner to the complete satisfaction of all our direct and indirect clients.
• He is also responsible for making sure that buildings and other services meet the needs of the customers.
• Also is accountable for services such as general cleaning ,security and parking in order to make sure that the surrounding environment is in a suitable condition to work and live.
• Manage and control the entire services, operational activities, deliveries of an assigned service contract/department/section or geographical operational area under direct responsibility including but not limited to: Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire & Civil Engineering works in the most effective manner.
• Responsible for the training of the staff under his leadership, the documentation relating to such documentation and the regular and systemic review program to ensure all staff are aware and fully skilled in their area of deployment
• Responsible for the recruitment of staff within his departments, and the development of succession planning for the team
• Uses technical knowledge to develop relevant business cases for new equipment, when justified for cost reduction, new business, diversification or repair and replacement
• Motivate and lead subordinates to execute and perform job responsibilities for maximum productivity while maintaining a high degree of moral.
• Create and Develop yearly Preventive Maintenance schedules as required to upkeep the equipment and facilities of assigned operational areas in optimum operational condition at all times.
• Ensures that preventative and reactive operations are sufficient as to provide a minimum of 95% reliability at all times
• Is responsible for conducting risk assessments and generating the risk mitigation plans
• Is responsible for developing the business continuity plan, in regards plant, utilities and overall site risk.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of the SOP’s relating to all functions and activities in the department
• Act as the direct customer-facing representative of the assigned contract, department, section or geographical operational area in dealing with the customer for day to day operational requirement.
• Able to attend to clients daily, weekly, monthly meetings as required, find meaningful remedial / corrective actions when responding to client complaints this includes visiting and discussing with the client / end user of his / her dissatisfaction / comments.
• Escalate matters beyond the operational responsibility to Contract Manager / Director Operations as appropriate.
• Responsible in doing periodic progress reports, weekly and monthly reports to be submitted to the Management.
• Design and develop operational and fit-out procedures taking into account health and safety, quality and environmental concerns.
• Ensures that the area is a safe working environment for all staff and subcontractors who are engaged by the company. Also must be fully aware of Imdaad /client EHS&Q policies.
• Fully responsible for ensuring proper surveying, preparing or checking of reports, checking of unit hand over / take over and managing DLP's & warranties of all new facilities that falls within the assigned contract, department, section or geographical operational area.
• Ensure that annual staff leave schedule are in place for the coming year on or before the lapse of the current year and is also responsible for approving the leave request of staffs as required.
• Ensures the availability of all required stock of parts & materials at a minimum level all times delivering the required services on time and within schedule.
• Ensures that the buildings and grounds are maintained that entails daily and weekly cleaning schedules as well as determining and scheduling repairs, renovation works, waste reduction improvements and safety inspections.
• Able to negotiate with outside vendors for supplies, repairs and other measures aside from overseeing groundkeepers, maintenance workers and custodial staffs.
• Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs.
• Able to control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security, etc.
• Perform other additional tasks assigned by the Management..
• Engineering degree or equivalent (Mechanical, Electrical or Civil subjected to the expertise requirement of the assigned contracts).
• Over 10 years management experience preferably within the Building Services or Facilities Management industries, out of which at least 5 years’ experience in managing the delivery of complex high value high end contracts.
Skill Sets Required:
• Experience in handling government bodies, such as Ajman, Sharjah, RAK, Fujairah, UAQ or Dubai Municipality
• Ability to communicate effectively - both verbally and in writing.
• Excellent Management, organizational and leadership skills.
• Track record of managing and developing people.
• Good analytical / critical thinking.
• Vendor Management
• Contract Negotiations
• Customer Relationship Management
Key Demographic Requirements - applicants must be:
• Maximum Age: 45
• Minimum Years of Experience: 10
About the Company
A leading group in the UAE.
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
|Ras Al Khaimah||3 Aug|
Director of Facilities Management - Retail
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
|Abu Dhabi||15 May|
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Opus Recruit Middle East
Facilities Service Manager
VAMED Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||13 Sep|