Job description / Role
This position is responsible for administering and directing programs aimed at successfully operating and maintaining all our integrated healthcare facility's plant operations, including all distributed systems, physical infrastructure, and grounds. This position is also responsible for making recommendations regarding the development and improvement of plant facilities and systems and identifying ways to improve processes and implement cost savings.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Initiates, develops, administers and directs strategies, programs, and processes to safely and expertly conduct plant and facility operations at our Integrated Healthcare Center.
• This includes developing contract specifications and services for outsourced resources.
• Initiates, develops and administers the preventive and corrective maintenance programs and ensures that all plant equipment and hospital infrastructure is maintained to the highest standard of readiness in accordance with all governing doctrine and directives to meet accreditation and licensing requirements.
• Hires, trains, and maintains the staff required to ensure that all operational responsibilities are successfully performed
• Ensures that duties and responsibilities of subordinates are adequately defined and implemented
• Makes emergency decisions and recommends recovery actions to senior leadership with respect to the failure of plant utilities or other areas of responsibility
• Coordinates closely with the Integrated Healthcare Center Facilities' Management on recommending structural changes and additions or modifications to plant and infrastructure
• Makes recommendations on major repairs and acquisition of major plant equipment
• Prepares departmental budget requirements and operates facilities within approved budget guidelines
• Recommends the replacement of machinery or equipment when cost savings, greater productivity and more efficient operation are feasible
• Works to ensure that plant operations remain efficient and implements appropriate performance improvement initiatives
• Minimum of eight (8) years plant engineering experience is required
• Minimum of five (5) years managerial responsibility in a large hospital facilities department is required
• Knowledge of plant management, building repair and preventative maintenance best practices
• Knowledge of the Joint Commission, JCI, ASHRAE, AIAA, NFPA and other relevant operational and design guidelines is required
• Proficient in the use of PCs, spreadsheets and other software applications
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Engineering, or related field, is required.
• Master’s degree in Engineering, Facilities Management, or related field, is desirable.
About the Company
Ever since its founding, the VAMED group has understood health to be a global, sustainable and holistic asset. VAMED may refer to a record of international success in all healthcare areas - prevention, acute care, rehabilitation, and nursing.
VAMED's international portfolio comprises the entire value chain from project development via the planning and construction of a healthcare facility, to highly specialized commercial, infrastructure, and technical services.
The VAMED range of services is both wide and deep and, together with VAMED's value chain, forms our USP that has made VAMED a leading healthcare provider with a global reach.