Job description / Role
• To provide supervision and leadership to Maintenance Technicians
• To develop and deliver Preventive Maintenance programs
• To be experienced in installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting any of the following: relay logic, ladder diagrams, controls components, sensors & scanners, motor starters, relays, limit switches, electronic sensors, servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, sorters, mechanical components (rolls, bearing, belts)
• To act as an ambassador for safety within the team and to promote safe working across the site
• To support technicians by motivating, providing knowledge and hands on experience
• To develop and maintain a good working relationship across all levels in the organization
• Ability to provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance
• Ability to prioritize and manage resources under high pressure
• Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines with at least 5 years’ experience.
• Solid foundational knowledge of PLC based controls systems and mechanical components
• Experience using CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems) to plan proactive maintenance and record reactive tasks.
• Understanding of OEE and equipment performance metrics.
• Knowledge of Statutory Compliance requirements.
• Experience in mentoring and developing junior technicians.
• Experience of contractor management.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot under high pressure.
• Ability to communicate (written & verbal) in English.
• Ability to work shifts in a 24/7 environment.
• Demonstrated ability to manage, lead, and influence others on the team
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload
• Experience of multi-contractor management
• Must be highly self-motivated and customer centric
• Leadership experience/aptitude, ability to mentor and develop training plans for other service technicians
• Experience with packaging machines or conveyor systems
• Experience in international environment
• Knowledge in OEE and EAM tools
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.