Job description / Role
• Taking over the project from the Estimation Dept. & to review all documents, contract, BOQ and drawings.
• To involve with all project details: drawings, BOQ and tender documents of the project deeply.
• To inspect the sites condition and compare it with the ID drawings & to revert within (7) days, if any discrepancies.
• To prepare the following lists within (7) days from the receipt of the project handing over:
- Sample Submittal Schedule
- Procurement Schedule
- Shop Drawing Schedule
• To prepare job request for all joinery related items & to coordinate for any missing information or details requested by the Production team.
• To raise the purchase requisition for all the bought-out related items & to coordinate for any missing information or details requested by the Purchase Dept.
• To do a regular follow up with the other departments to ensure there is no slippage from the program.
• To review & countersign the shop drawings before issuing to Production.
• To review the costing sheet made by Estimation Dept. and to compare it with the agreed BOQ and discuss the percentage.
• To coordinate with the client all necessary documents and drawing from client/ consultant for applying regulatory compliance and permits.
• Coordinate with the Authority In-Charge and submit the necessary documents to him to collect the authority permits.
• To prepare detailed work schedule in coordination with the Planning Engineer to meet the agreed completion date.
• To coordinate with the management / Procurement to select the proper sub-contractors, and to place orders within the budget & delivery schedule.
• To coordinate with Procurement on the preparation of sub-contractors agreement with all necessary conditions, if required.
• To program the sub-contractor’s work individually to meet the agreed schedule.
• Site activities supervision and control.
• To arrange for a regular site meeting for sub-contractors.
• To attend all meetings with client and consultants, whenever required.
• Quality control and quality assurance to be monitored & any quality incidents encountered should be reported officially.
• Visit production or sites to inspect the quality of finishes before the Client’s observation.
• Monitoring both related cost and time of the project throughout the construction plan & till completion.
• Reporting to the management on a regular basis, about the work progress & to submit a weekly progress report to the client.
• To follow up all required permissions and certificates from local authorities.
• To physically inspect the sub contractor’s workshops/factories to control the work progress there.
• To prepare progress payments on time as per the contract.
• To file and record all related documents in a professional way for easy retrieval.
• To attend a proper handing over of the project to the client through the consultant.
• To carry out all snags required by the client/consultant after the preliminary handing over and to close it officially.
• To issue and submit an official completion certificate to the client and get it signed by him.
• Final payment submittal and collection, includes any deletion, additional or variation settlements.
• Attending and supervising all maintenance works would be needed within 12 months of the completion certificate’s date.
• To maintain a high standard level of safety at the site for all workers.
• To maintain all materials, tools and any other related items in a secured and safe place.
• To program the working hours to meet the project requirements (to be approved by the management).
• To review & certify the subcontractor's payment claims, if correct.
• 5-10 years in managing a Joinery factory
• Bachelors Degree
• Technical Skill, Conceptual Skill, Interpersonal and Communication Skills, Decision-Making Skill, Diagnostic and Analytical Skills.
About the Company
The FITOUT L.L.C., is a fully owned subsidiary of Union Properties PJSC, the leading property developer with interest comprising of property investment and development, property management, fit-out contracting, MEP contracting, facilities management, and motor sport management.
Since the company’s inception in 1987, The FITOUT has established itself as one of the leading companies providing “TOTAL INTERIOR SOLUTIONS,” consistent with the highest standards of quality and services. Guided by the group’s core value of delivering excellence, we provide a comprehensive range of services of manufacturing, fit-out contracting and design & build.
The FITOUT was incorporated with the vision of becoming the regional benchmark for quality finishes. It is observed as one of the best providers of high-end bespoke joinery and fit-out works. Driven by the core values of teamwork and process ownership on an individual level, the company’s headcount increased from a handful of employees, to over 700 highly qualified individuals.
General Manager - Aluminum Division (Factory and Facade Construction)
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
Manazel Real Estate
Assistant Production Manager / Factory Supervisor
RTC-1 Employment Services