Faculty Affairs Officer - UAE National
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
To implement and follow through on all aspects of faculty affairs activities including onboarding, recruitment, faculty and academic staff appointments, reappointments, promotions and the search process.
• Conduct the orientation activities for faculty and academic administrators in line with the University’s policies and procedures in in conjunction with the Human Resources function.
• Provide information, advice, and guidance on all matters relating to rank and pay of faculty members. Prepare the annual calendar of Faculty Affairs activities.
• Provide continuous support, advice and mentorship to the faculty regarding any academic or non-academic matters.
• Coordinate the probationary process for new faculty members to enable the President and Vice President for Academic Affairs & Research to review of their contractual status.
• Manage the contract renewal process for faculty members to enable the Presidents and Vice President for Academic Affairs & Research decisions on renewals in coordination with Human Resources.
• Coordinate the compensation due adjuncts and follow through of payment processes with the relevant Organizational Units.
• Analyze and recommend revisions in the practice of awarding extra compensation for academic administration.Analyze workload reports and evaluates requests for extra compensation due for overload assignments.
• Coordinate the process by which faculty are recommended for academic promotion.
• Ensure continuous improvement across all services of the Faculty Affairs function.
• Undertake any other related duties as assigned by line manager.
• UAE National
• Fluent in written and spoken Arabic and English
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent
• 2-3 years of professional work experience
• Partnership and collaboration
• Customer focusInnovation
• Effective communication
• Business orientation
• Problem solving
• Decision making
• Dedication to quality & excellence
About the Company
Inspire Selection is an award winning recruitment agency, headquartered in Dubai which recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Legal, Sales & Marketing including Digital Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Higher Education.