Job description / Role
Faculty in Mechanical Engineering (Al-Ain)
The College of Engineering (CoE) grew rapidly in the number of programs offered, number of faculty, and number of students. Today, the College has become the largest engineering college in the country with over 2,700 students served by over 56 full-time faculty, 10 adjunct faculty, 16 full-time teaching and lab assistants, and 6 staff members.
CoE is currently inviting applications for a faculty appointment in Mechanical Engineering for Academic Year 2019-20, Al Ain. The appointment is expected to be at the rank of Assistant Professor, although well-qualified candidates at the Associate Professor rank will also be considered.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and a Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering earned from an accredited university with experience in one or more of the following areas: Applied Mechanics and Design; Thermofluids, Manufacturing and Control; Aerospace Engineering.
- Successful university teaching experience relevant to the academic rank.
- Strong research record or potential for publications and research.
- Certification of Professional Engineer and practical design experience are important assets and may be required to teach design courses.
- Experience with ABET accreditation system and requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, a commitment to the importance of scholarship and diversity, a spirit of entrepreneurship and an understanding of the role of the university in economic development.
- Familiarity with the new teaching media, visual communication and the need to equip students with the varied skills they must have to succeed in an ever-changing media environment.
- Experience in working with people from different ethnic backgrounds.
- Participate in course teaching and development and in student guidance.
- Develop sustainable research and scholarly activities.
- Engage in departmental and institutional services.
- Competitive tax-free compensation & benefits package.
About the Company
Abu Dhabi University is the largest private university in the UAE and is committed to becoming the institution of choice for students across all Emirates and more widely in the region.
With four Colleges offering over 40 undergraduate and postgraduate programs, campuses in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai and Al Dhafra Region, and multiple affiliations with globally renowned institutions, a UAE-wide, truly international quality education is guaranteed for all of our students.
Teaching Assistant Mechanical Engineering
Abu Dhabi University
|Abu Dhabi||24 Apr|
Mechanical Engineering Teacher
Junior Mechanical Engineer