Faculty - Math & Physics
Work From Remote Location
Job description / Role
• A minimum of 3 years of teaching Physics and/or Math in a secondary, tertiary or vocational level with a focus on basic skills acquisition.
• Must be able to provide instruction at various levels within the program areas including the ability to develop web-based learning materials and the ability to teach entry level IT or professional development skills
• Experience in developing course curriculum as per accreditation and international standards
• Effective presentation skills, both theoretical and practical
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated competency to interact with people at all levels of the organization
• A high degree of computer literacy and demonstrated ability to integrate technology into the learning environment and teaching methodology
• Current knowledge of teaching practices, trends and issues
• Evidence of a personal professional development plan with membership to an internationally recognized professional association being preferred
• The ability to function as a team player within a multi-cultural work environment
• Overseas teaching/training experience to non-native English speakers is desirable
• A Master's Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics or other relevant specialization
• ICDL or Microsoft Office Specialist Certification
• A Ph.D. degree is preferred
• Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
About the Company
The Centre of Excellence for Applied Research & Training (CERT) is the commercial, research and training arm of the Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT), which is the largest higher education institution in the United Arab Emirates.
Since its foundation in 1996, CERT has been at the forefront of national development, through life-long learning and technology solutions that deliver value for leading organizations in the UAE and the region. It is uniquely positioned at the intersection of academia, industry, and government, offering integrated solutions that contribute to industry competitiveness and government excellence.