Job description / Role
The Electrical Engineering Department at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a faculty position in the Electrical and Computer Engineering areas. Qualified candidates at all ranks will be considered, priority will be given to the assistant professor rank. The application package should include a cover letter, a detailed resume, a statement of the candidate's research activities and teaching philosophy and courses taught.
- An earned PhD in electrical engineering/computer engineering, or related field. The candidate should have a bachelor degree in
- Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering.
- Proven skills of high quality teaching
- Demonstrated excellence in research, scholarship, and teaching in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral in English.
- Hold a doctoral degree from a recognized university focusing on advanced research in the area of Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering
- Ability to deliver high quality teaching in computer programming and computer related courses.
- A solid research record evidenced by high quality publications in high-impact IEEE journals
- Strong commitment to teaching and students advising at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain internally and externally funded research. Prior experience in the role of PI or Co- PI in funded research projects is a plus.
- Ability to pursue independent research and a demonstrated aptitude for fundamental research.
- All ranks will be considered, priority is given to assistant professor rank with proven credentials.
- PhD holders from well-reputed universities will be considered. Applications with incomplete information will be discarded.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|