Fairmont Gold Supervisor
Job description / Role
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids' Club.
Fairmont Gold Supervisor
Reporting to the Fairmont Gold Assistant Manager, the Fairmont Gold Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of Guest Service in the daily operation of the Fairmont Gold Department, ensuring the highest levels of Guest Satisfaction at all times.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all Fairmont Gold Standards of Operating Policies and Procedures are adhered. Monitor maintenance of the physical Fairmont Gold product.
- Reviews all Fairmont Gold Reservations to ensure all standards are met. All Guest requests are anticipated.
- Ensures the highest possible revenues are generated for Fairmont Gold and works with the Front Office Management on daily upsell programs. This should include out of order rooms, sell outs, preventative maintenance and special room projects.
- Monitors Fairmont Gold status, track and forecast daily, weekly and monthly Fairmont Gold Occupancy levels and plan the Fairmont Gold Department accordingly.
- Provides exceptional Concierge information to our Guests about local and area attractions, restaurants, theatres, special events, tickets, confirmations and other available services
- Develops and maintains strong Guest relationships to ensure Fairmont Gold loyalty. Handle all daily Fairmont Gold Comments. Manage the Fairmont Gold Guest History system and ensure Guest information is updated.
- Develops & maintains contacts with business partners, concessionaires, local community and counterparts of Fairmont Gold throughout Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
- Strong & effective communication with all other departments. Attend Department Communication meetings in place of the Fairmont Gold Manager, representing the Fairmont Gold Department.
- Daily supervision of all contributing colleagues and departments who provide service to Fairmont Gold to ensure that Fairmont Gold standards are provided
- Establishes & maintains communication with all Fairmont Gold staff on a daily basis
- Participates in the Training & Development of the Fairmont Gold Team, including corrective action of colleagues assigned to Fairmont Gold. Participates in the Training & Communication process of all colleagues providing service to Fairmont Gold.
- Participates in the selection and performance management process, including corrective action of colleagues assigned to Fairmont Gold
- Proposes and facilitates innovative, cost-effective guest experience enhancements.
- Directs and executes approved plans & programs for Fairmont Gold in accordance with company and hotel policies.
- Works with the Sous Chef to determine the daily Fairmont Gold Lounge menu & food presentation, in line with Fairmont Gold standards
- Provides direction and guidance to Royal Service in order to maintain service and food quality levels
- Assignments in other Supervisory positions during the closure of Fairmont Gold or as required
- Adheres to and promotes the Company's Health & safety policies to ensure a safe work environment and knowledgeable about all safety & emergency procedures
- Passion for guest service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- Previous experience as a Butler is a must
- Fluency in English, and at least one additional language
- Must have the ability to handle a multitude of tasks and Guest requests.
- Knowledge of Micros-Fidelio Property Management System an asset.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities.
- Experience with a Hotel loyalty program an asset.
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.