Job description / Role
• Researching the latest product, color and fabric trends with an eye for new details.
• Creating mood boards, trend presentations and catwalk reports giving clear and concise trend messages to Buying teams
• Sourcing and development of raw materials including travel to exhibitions/fairs.
• Design and development of a contemporary, minimalist Abaya/Modest wear collection.
• Work collaboratively with design and merchandising teams from concept to completion aligning on seasonal direction, trends, timelines and customer insights.
• Developing design through sketching, draping on the stand and other creative digital mediums.
• Maintaining awareness of market information influencing consumers and knowing the company best seller products in order to filter into the design process.
• Developing the right product at the right time, in line with the Louzan design strategy to meet customer requirements.
• Preparation for presenting collections to the Buyer and Merchandising teams at buy meetings and making any subsequent amendments.
• A minimum of 2+ years of experience in the design of Women’s Wear / Abaya/ Modest wear.
• Understanding of multiple categories – with a strong background in designing Abaya is preferred
• Have excellent trend awareness and innovative ideas.
• Highly creative and strong understanding of customer needs
• A natural affinity for the design of contemporary minimalist fashion.
• An excellent eye for color and shape and a feel for fabric, trim and details.
• Good basic knowledge of pattern fit and garment construction.
• Hand sketching, intermediate to advanced Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to express ideas clearly and to connect with and inspire people at different levels within the business.
• Ability to work well in a fast paced and creative environment
• Written and oral fluency in English
About the Company
Louzan Fashion is a luxury Ladies Abaya and Sheila brand for the contemporary Arabian lady.
Crafted tailoring that is individual and elegant for everyday, formal and special occasions.
A considered collection of fabrics, stitching and finishes are combined together to deliver truly bespoke fashion that blends edgy styles with traditional cuts.
Starting with a single outlet in Al Ain during 2003, Louzan has now added to its name 16 more outlets spread over Al Ain, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Muscat, Sohar, Salalah, Doha. The supply of innovative modern designs of Abayas and Sheilas are done at the manufacturing arm (88,000 sqft) of the Group in Al Ain Industrial Area. Other than supplying to the retail outlets the Group also exports to countries across the GCC and Egypt. The Group optimistically contributes to the blooming industry of Abaya and Sheila, and special care is being taken to synchronize the highly creative and experienced team to innovate new distinct designs in each and every product.