Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East and North Africa hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
• FF&E / OS&E Procurement Project Manager
• Part of the leadership team delivering a complex 5 star hospitality project in a demanding, client facing role.
• Responsible for leading a fast track design and delivery scope with VIP stakeholders.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Reporting to the project director responsible for the strategy and delivery of a major project.
• Developing the clients and hotel operators brief, delivery strategy and leading the design management, procurement and execution of all FF&E and OS&E aspects.
• Managing an extended team of consultants and contractors that strives for quality, safety, cost and schedule improvements at every opportunity with all delivery partners, challenging and seeking to improve the project deliverables.
• Reviewing and reporting project status with regards to all FF&E aspects to the wider project management team and recommend corrective action when necessary.
• Ensuring that the highest standards of health and safety are considered as a priority through all stages of the project.
• Securing and procuring all key FF&E packages for contractors and consultants.
• Developing of the FF&E procurement and project management strategy in line with the Mace Way and the client requirements.
• Coordinating and managing multiple stakeholders and demonstrate the ability to build robust, long term relationships and integrated teams.
• Managing the project procurement in guidance and delivery of value engineering of specifications, budget analysis including price verification and lead price negotiation with suppliers.
• Coordinating the review/verify/approve of purchase orders and payment.
• Monitoring quality and schedule of items in production, expediting and logistics, and overseeing FF&E installation.
• Coordinating of the overall FF&E/OS&E procurement plan or supply.
• Participating in budget development, ensuring that a design to budget mentality is maintain throughout the process and value for money and fit for purpose are key drivers.
• Participating in the FF&E/OS&E value engineering activities of the design/project teams and the operator.
• Researching, identifying and developing the FF&E and OS&E commodity and specialised products sourcing strategies that meet operational aspects, price, quality, value and standards its operating brands.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Minimum 10 years of FF&E, OS&E supply chain, logistic and procurement experience.
• Proven experience managing FF&E projects from start to finish.
• International hospitality project delivery experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong leadership qualities are essential.
• Knowledge of project management processes.
• Construction management delivery experience.
• Strong FF&E and OS&E experience.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
• Detailed knowledge and appreciation of health and safety.
• Strong technical grounding in all aspects of FF&E procurement and project management.
• A relevant degree qualification.
Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.