Job description / Role
Field Collector - 6 Months Contract
We are looking for a Field Collector to support our Finance department. This is for a 6 month period with a possibility of being renewed if the workload increases.
You will be reliable and dynamic and will be responsible to contact debtors and claim outstanding debts. You will be responsible for recovering the money owed in as little time as possible.
This position can be challenging and difficult. A Collector will have to be polite and sensitive towards debtors while also remaining committed to their purpose and persistent. Excellent communication skills and a sense of urgency are essential for this role.
• Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts
• Plan course of action to recover outstanding payments
• Locate and contact debtors to inquire of their payment status
• Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans
• Handle questions or complaints
• Investigate and resolve discrepancies
• Create trust relationships with debtors when possible to avoid future issues
• Update account status and database regularly
• Alert superiors of debtors unwilling or unable to pay when necessary
• Comply with requirements when legal action is unavoidable
Please keep in mind this role will be 80% outdoor in the field. Only apply if you are available immediately.
• Proven experience as Field Collector
• Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines
• Working knowledge of MS Office and databases
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Apt in negotiating and persuading
• Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence
About the Company
A leading multinational engineering company.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Credit and Collection Assistant
Styro Insulations Materials Ind. LLC