Field Operator - UAE National
Job description / Role
Field Operators - UAE National
This is an opportunity for school leavers / candidates with no experience in the industry to be part of an exciting new CSP project here in Dubai. We will provide full support for the role and there will be a 12 month training program at one our international power plants.
Responsible for performing operation and monitoring of equipment in field, isolation and preparation of them for maintenance activities and normalization of them after these are completed, or some basic maintenance tasks, among others, in accordance with operating procedures and HSE guidelines and in coordination and following instructions from Control Room Operators and Shift Supervisors.
Health, Safety, Security & Environment
Adhere to all relevant health, safety, security and environmental procedures, instructions and controls so that the safety of employees and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
Operation and Maintenance
• Participate in plant start-up and commissioning activities, raise punch list items and warranty claims as appropriate.
• Attend training programme sessions. Learn, support and assist in the continuous improvement of HSSEQ policies and procedures.
• Communicate with Control Room Operators and take care of the operations in field of all plant equipment such as turbines, pumps, compressors, valves, filters, etc.
• Perform regular rounds for the monitoring of equipment condition, recording operational data, and reporting abnormalities and taken actions as required.
• Perform isolation/preparation and later normalization of equipment for maintenance activities and in line with PTW and LOTO procedures.
• Liaise with maintenance to ensure maintenance activities are done as planned.
• Take care of some basic maintenance activities as required.
• Apply operating procedures and participate in their improvement.
• Monitor sub-contractors’ activities to ensure safety is prioritized.
• Take appropriate actions in coordination with Control Room Operators and Shift Supervisor in case of emergency.
• Receive firefighting training based on fire fighting and emergency training program and act as per the role assigned in the Emergency Response Plan.
• Minimize operation cost.
• Other duties as required by the Shift Supervisor.
• High School Diploma or Technical Certificate
• Critical thinking - use logic and reasoning to identify alternatives solutions to problems.
• Speaking & talking to others to exchange information effectively.
• Reading comprehension.
• Team work and effective collaboration.
About the Company
The First National Operation and Maintenance Company "NOMAC" was founded in 2005 and firmly established in the GCC, North Africa and South, Middle Europe and East Europe regions, providing high quality O&M (Operation & Maintenance) services for power production and water desalination projects, regionally and worldwide.
Supported by accelerated global expansion, NOMAC is enabled to draw near to realize its vision of being the leading global O&M service provider in the power production and water desalination sectors.
Our broad range of services includes, but is not limited to long term O&M, major overhaul of high-tech plant equipment, and development of plant-specific Standard O&M procedures. In total, NOMAC is responsible for the operation of a portfolio of 17,146 MW of power generation and 2.83 million cubic meters per day of desalinated water production. NOMAC is the largest private sector potable water producer using desalination process in the world. NOMAC contributes 40% of water and 15% of electricity of total Saudi Arabia's Demand.
Engineer - Operations & Maintenance
Excelsior Group ME
Assistant Engineer - Operations Center
China Oilfield Services Limited (COSL)
Site Engineer (Electrical)
|Abu Dhabi||25 Dec|