Job description / Role
As a Field Service Engineer a Candidate should be an expert in rotating equipment, focused on site activities management such as planning, manpower resources/tools assignment and technical assistance to complete the work scope according to the contractual requirements
- Broad Experience and knowledge on Gas Turbines / Heavy Duty Machines (HDGT) or Similar
- Unloading and Inspection of the major auxiliaries at the installation site and their placement on the foundation
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications
- Commissioning , Pre-commissioning and start up experience on Gas turbines (Fr 52d , 6B)
- Geometric dimensional check of foundation, equipment and auxiliaries skids positioning, leveling (ensure levelness and elevations of subsole plates and perform contact checks between subsole plates and package supports) and alignment
- Installation and assembling activities of Machine Components and auxiliary equipment such as oil console, air system, interconnection piping, coolers, structure, ducts, oil flushing, blowing, etc
- Perform lube oil and cooling water systems flushes as per GE recommended procedures
- Ensure all gas piping and orifices are correctly installed for each piping system
- Mark-up all piping drawings to show piping modifications
- Install inlet and exhaust systems per GE / Vendor specifications
- Pre-commissioning and commissioning of oil system, starting system, fuel gas system, air system
- Advise on interpretation of GE drawings for installation optimization
- Work closely with Instrumentation Engineer during the installation, calibration and set-up electrical instrumentation (such as vibration probes, temperature elements, servo actuators calibration, etc)
- Check-out and initial operation of base mounted components
- Lock-out and Tag-out
- Equipment start-up, diagnostic and troubleshooting
- Boroscope inspection
- Water wash procedure
- Combustion inspection
- Hot Gas Path Inspection
- Major inspection
- Perform small mechanical repairs at machining tools in the workshop
- Bachelor Degree in relevant science/Diploma.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years' of Installation & commissioning Experience on Heavy Duty / Gas turbine units.
- Very good attitude to manage relationships with customer and Oil&Gas HQ, concerning technical and contractual aspects
- Experienced in Fr 6 and Fr 5 operations GE Machines
- Supervise the mechanical installation activities of main and auxiliaries equipment
- Working knowledge and application of HSE standards
- Proficient in Using GE Tools to acquire technical support for solving technical issues associated with job.
- Good English fluency both spoken and written
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills together with good interpersonal & organizational skills
- The candidate will be responsible to maintain reliability of Customers assets and to support on proactive way all GE O&G customers
- Follow up all quality aspects according to Six Sigma approach and GE Oil&Gas QA manual and procedures
- Professional attitude and approach to work. Very good communication skills
- Coordination and management of GE Oil&Gas contracted manpower (when applicable)
- Effective communication to HQs, through company e-tools (NCM, e-SMS)
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.