Job description / Role
This is a heavy-travel role, and you will likely have to spend considerable time embedded at client sites: UAE/MENA. It’s also a role that will involve working heavily with a productized platform: there is some green field work that will need to be done, but primarily you will be working with product that has already created.
• You are passionate about software, and enjoy solving novel problems
• You are excited by the prospect of your work having dramatic and immediate real-world impact
• You have a very strong grasp of the fundamentals of software – data structures and algorithms
• You aren’t easily deterred – when faced with a problem, you enjoy the satisfaction of persevering until you understand it fully and can resolve it
You are flexible:
• This is a startup culture, and we all do work that sits outside of our formal responsibilities and experience
• You are willing and prepared to travel extensively to client sites, spending up to 70% of your time travelling
• You are competent at writing code – ideally you are someone who enjoys writing code in side-projects, or simply for the joy of trying out ideas. Ideally, you have written your own applications, either as part of academic courses, or as your own side-projects.
• You are resourceful, and able to come up with novel solutions to problems – thinking on your feet as required.
• You are a team player – you want to help drive the success not just of yourself, but of those around you.
• You are comfortable with the idea of learning as you go – if faced with something you haven’t seen before, you are excited by the challenge of learning something new.
• You are a fast learner: We don’t require experience in one specific technology or another, but you should have a strong grasp of the fundamentals and be able to pick things up very quickly.
You are a strong communicator:
• You’ll need to be able to coordinate with team members both on site, and in remote offices – strong, articulate communication is vital.
• Willingness to relocate primarily to Abu Dhabi, UAE, but to travel extensively from there to clients around the region
• Experience working in technically restricted (no Internet access etc) environment is a bonus
• A technical degree, Bachelors or higher (sciences or mathematics, preferably Computer Science) from a top-tier university
• 3-4 years minimum of industry experience working in software development or similar (compensation negotiable for candidates with more experience, 2-3 years for Masters degree)
• Experience in Big Data Technologies like Kafka, HDFS, S3, Elastic Search, Hive, Impala etc. (bonus , if have)
• Experience in writing data pipelines for ETL. (bonus , if have)
• Strong functional knowledge of at least one major programming language
• Experience working with Linux
• Experience working with middleware, including writing applications against back-end services such as databases, JSON APIs and so on
• Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills in English
• Experience working with containerized technologies is a bonus
About the Company
Parisima specialises in building high performing workforces that improve business performance. Our experience has demonstrated that the most effective organisations view their employees as their most important asset and view Talent Management as a holistic end-to-end complementary process.
Whether it’s a partial or fully outsourced recruitment solution or a focus on a particular area of your talent acquisition cycle, our solutions are tailored to address your specific challenges. We are experts in optimising talent acquisition and resourcing functions to build high performing organisations with high performing individuals.
Through key strategic partnerships, Parisima is the only organisation in the Middle East that specialises in addressing the full employee lifecycle. This includes Hiring (talent acquisition, applicant-tracking systems, assessments for recruitment and development) and Retention (employee engagement surveys, employee recognition and reward programs and executive leadership programs).
IT Support Engineer - Urgent - Tax Free Salary
Beaconhouse School System
|Al Ain||19 Mar|
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Back-end Engineer - Oil and Gas Background Mandatory
|Abu Dhabi||12 Mar|