Job description / Role
Looking for candidate who has experience working in DIFC and is DFSA approved. This is mandatory.
• Undertake preparation of all financial reports, including profit and loss statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows, as well as year-end financial reports
• Develop a robust system of internal controls and corporate governance
• Implement the accounting policies and ensure compliance with all relevant accounting standards/IFRS requirements for reporting
• Manage all aspects of the finance function including general ledger, fixed assets, accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash, bank reconciliation and intercompany balances, payroll, etc.
• Perform requisite cash management and treasury duties
• Evaluate information and consult with the senior management, relevant committees and Board members to prepare a realistic and balanced budget
• Maintain a strategic financial plan that will indicate the trends and requirements of the improvement plan and in accordance, will forecast future year budgets
• Attend senior management/ Board meetings and meetings to discuss overall performance
• Communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial results to management and evaluate variances with budget for the relevant period
• Propose revisions to the budget if necessary, in response to significant or unforeseen developments
• Liaise with external auditor to finalize quarterly and annual accounts
• Present timely and fully costed proposals, recommendations or bids for various expenditure items
• Implement and manage information systems/accounting packages and link processes that interact across the organization to form complete systems/processes
• Manage and coordinate payroll services with the HR team for all staff including the management of pension schemes/other associated plans
• Manage relationships with banks and financial institutions
• Accounting graduate with 5-7 years or CA / CPA with 3-5 years of broad experience in the finance and accounts function
• Worked in a professional corporate environment with adherence to processes and policies an advantage
• DIFC experience is mandatory
• Dubai financial services authorities – DFSA approved
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills - English language fluency is essential, Arabic language fluency is a plus (but not required)
• Implemented / worked with accounting packages
• Ability to manage audits independently (experience with Big 4 audit process is a plus but not required)
• Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining vigilant attention to detail
• Experience and knowledge of best practices in financial ethics, independent audits, IFRS
• Should have a strong understanding of VAT
• Demonstrated resourcefulness and good judgment
• Appetite to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured environment
About the Company
Future Tense offers Human Resource solutions to a spectrum of organization across India. Future Tense championed the "client delight" concept, where the firm helps institutions to meet their challenging demand of quality human resources in quick time.
We continue to match the client expectations by paying close attention to specifics of the desired positions. We follow it up with meticulous shortlisting to ensure that every candidate interviewed by the client is competent enough for their requirements
Piloting the force at Future Tense is Karuna Agarwal, who brings with her over 10 years rich experience in recruitment and staffing across all levels. With her expertise, we have grown a multi-city clientele and service the HR needs of our clients, with care.
We firmly believe that our clients and candidates both possess unique characters; both need to be aligned for a fruitful and productive relation. We seek to map more than just talent. We believe in mapping characters!
Deputy Finance Manager
Ziad Galadari Group
Regional Finance Controller
Manager Accounting and Reporting