Job description / Role
JOIN OUR TEAM!
WING.AE is courier marketplace acting as an aggregator of shipping service companies that provides the most innovative mobile and web-based user-friendly delivery booking services to the market. We currently offer our services throughout UAE. We are expanding into KSA and Egypt to offer last mile solutions to the market. We have recently been acquired by Amazon and will continue to be key player in the shipping industry by filling the gap in Amazons demand for last mile solutions at the same time providing solutions to other delivery customers in the market.
Purpose of the Position
Finance & Data Analyst will join us to support key financial and strategic decisions across the organization, with an emphasis on revenue-generating initiatives and cost improvement. Finance & Data Analyst team works closely with senior management on key priorities facing the organization.
Finance & Data Analyst will support the team by providing key analytics. A successful candidate will have strong analytical and math skills and will be experienced with working with big data sets and Excel modeling.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Development of financial models and scenario analysis to drive decision making and improved performance
• Providing analysis to support decision making related for business units and the management (e.g., revenue forecast, total unit cost variances, variable and fixed cost variances, cash flow forecast, gross margin, net profit analysis per product and service)
• Analyzing financial and operational performance trends (e.g., year-over-year, MoM, WoW comparison, variance to budget)
• Prepare monthly budget variance analysis and forecasting reports for business review.
• Manipulating and analyzing large data sets, summarizing findings and providing recommendations to management based on analysis
• Preparing presentations and discussions for senior management
• Prepare ad hoc reports, analysis and conduct special projects as necessary.
• Conduct financial review of vendors and customers on a monthly basis.
• Participate in process improvement projects.
• Undergraduate degree in Economics, Mathematics, or Finance from a top school. MBA degree is preferred.
• Excel whiz (including pivot tables/macros/functions/VBA). Must be an excel expert.
• Cost Accounting knowledge preferred - a major plus
• Proven ability to work with complex data sets
• Extensive experience with statistical analysis
• Proficiency in DB queries preferred
• Experience of 2-5 years in financial modelling
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.