Job description / Role
- To be a business partner to the leadership team from the financial and administration perspective by providing advisory support, ensuring financial governance and compliance, budgeting, forecasting and reporting along with routine financial accounting, administration of the school, human resource development and supply chain management.
- Responsible for the performance and development of employees in the team:
- Manage and direct day-to-day activities of the Finance & Admin team to ensure timely delivery of activities.
- Provide ongoing career development, support and coaching for direct reports.
- Provide feedback to team, and identify need based training requirements for direct reports.
- Facilitate and coordinate training programs for the team
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation
- Provide advisory support to departments on budget preparation and measurement of performance against the budget.
- Evaluate Budgets and review and analyse variances on a periodic basis and communicate the variances to all relevant departments; work closely with departments to manage variances, keeping the strategic objectives of in focus.
- Responsible for the budget allocated to the overall Department, ensuring it is spent as per the strategic and operational direction of the school.
- Establish and implement effective accounting policies that adhere to corporate policies, International Financial Reporting Standards and statutory compliance requirements as applicable
- Ensure accurate and prompt processing of financial transactions and build a culture based on strong corporate governance ethics, in compliance with benchmark practices, regulatory frameworks and UAE laws
- Define and implement various financial controls and systems to safeguard assets and ensure effective financial management
- Coordinate final and interim audits in liaison with internal and external auditors and ensure statutory audit is conducted and concluded in time and in compliance to applicable accounting standards
- Review audit reports of internal and external auditors to monitor adequacy of scope of reports or to discover specific weaknesses in internal routines
- Ensure payments and receipts are compliant with the school’s policy, delegated authority and in compliance to statutory requirements.
- Review and approve the financial statements and related documents to ensure existence and completeness, accuracy and valuation, authorisation, rights and obligations, presentation and disclosure
- Design Credit Policy in compliance to the approved Policy document and ensure adherence to the same
- Closely review and monitor receivable ageing and take corrective measures to optimise collection of old outstanding
- Ensure records are maintained and retained as per statutory requirements
- Oversee the preparation and publication of periodic and ad-hoc financial reports and variance analysis in a timely manner and present financial information to executive management and/or Board of Directors for review and decision making
- Review reports, exhibits and other supporting schedules that detail safety and soundness, compliance with laws and regulations, and recommended solutions to financial conditions to be addressed
- Monitor and publish reports on KPIs relating to HR and supply chain management to facilitate optimisation of available resources and improve efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting & Finance
- CA/ ACCA/ CPA from a recognized professional institution
- Qualified finance professional with 12 plus years’ post qualification work experience – preferable with a stint in a Big four and in a similar role in the education sector
- Well versed with IFRS and its practical implementation
- Experience in Independent handling of Financials & Budgeting
- Be able to understand and interpret the accounting implications of various transactions and provide accounting advise on various transactions
- Experience of managing teams, internal projects, project management and supply chain management
- Experience in handling HR and Supply chain
- Superior communication skills
- Proficient in the use of financial software such as such as Oracle, SAP, etc.
- Keen eye for detail, work comfortably in a highly collaborative setting
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Confident and outgoing personality, work comfortably with senior business management, has an ability to operate comfortably in a fast-paced and fast-evolving environment
- Strong business acumen, very analytical and procedural
- Highly organized, is a self-starter and proactive requiring minimal supervision, and demonstrates an ability to remain calm and composed during times of stress and uncertainty, inspiring the same in his team.
About the Company
A government entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.
Finance and Administration Manager
Finance Manager - FMCG (Food)
Quest Search & Selection
Irwin & Dow