Job description / Role
Our client is a joint venture of three global superpowers in the Oil & Gas sector. They are expanding their business support function and looking to hire an experience Finance and Operations Manager.
The group has over 10 legal entities and generates 500m+ USD in annual turnover across the Middle East. They have restructured their finance function and generated a new position in their current structure of a 'Finance and Operations Manager'.
The Finance and Operations Manager will be responsible for:
Financial Management (70%):
* Manage the financial reporting process of leading projects, providing guidance, training, and technical assistance to financial and non-financial management personnel
* Participate in monthly financial meetings with the Project Managers
* Prepare annual project budgets and revise forecasts quarterly
* Create and maintain tracking systems that provide basic data on expenditure against the budget and develop/recommend cost cutting and compliant strategies where necessary
* Oversee preparation of financial records related to general ledger, payroll, budget, expense, etc.
* Develop and put into practice procedures for handling finances and accounting, review accounting discrepancies and recommend corrective actions
Business Operations (30%):
* Provide ongoing financial administration to the project, including the processing of approvals for procurements, consultant agreements, and vendor invoices
* Assist in resource identification, work assignment, performance evaluation, and promotion decision activities
* Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a competitive monthly salary. This is an exciting opportunity for a Business Support Manager to further progress their career within a manufacturing firm.
* ACCA / CA qualified or relevant professional accounting qualification
* 8-12 years of experience in a similar role managing Finance, HR, IT, and/or Admin functions
* Previous experience in Internal Audit is preferred
* Advanced knowledge of Excel and financial systems
* Proactive leader with the ability to transform the finance function and bring a change in existing processes
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Finance Manager - Accounting
A Leading Real Estate Development Company
Leading Sales, Marketing & Third Party Administrator Operating in GCC