Job description / Role
Finance and Administration Manager, Middle East
We have an exciting opportunity for a finance and administration manager to join our Dubai office, direct reporting to the Regional Manager, UAE and the CFO. The Finance and Administration Manager, Middle East (FA Manager) is responsible for operation controls in finance and administration, ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting. Supervising a small team of FA staff across multiple locations, this role is accountable for the smooth and efficient functioning of the region’s finance and administration management.
If you have significant experience in a similar role with the proven ability to work to strict deadlines and deliver high quality and accurate results, then this is the position for you. You will also be a highly effective and organised communicator with a well-developed knowledge in local legislation requirements. You will be able to multi-task and demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset to systems, processes and other internal controls.
About the Role:
The FA Manager’s key responsibilities and functions include, but are not limited to:
Financial Management Functions
• Responsible for debts collection and reporting
• Budget creation and monitoring in cooperation with the Regional Manager and other senior team members
• Preparation and coordination of financial monthly, quarterly closings and reports with CFO
• Preparing and analyzing monthly financial reports for management
• Monitoring project revenue forecasts, cash flow and expenditures
• Coordination of quarterly reporting and annual financial statements (e.g. P&L, balance sheets)
• Coordinating the company’s external financial audit
• Supervise payroll, tax submissions and government filing
• Controlling purchase requests, invoices and reimbursements
• Overseeing all payments and preparing daily payments
• Support team with financial reports, invoices and payment requests
• Coordinating and reviewing consultancy agreements
• Reviewing staff contracts, coordinating permits/visas ensuring timely renewals and follow up of official documents and legislative compliance
• Overall responsibility for logistical and operational processes including legal and insurance obligations, IT, internet and phone systems, HR functions and occupational health and safety
• Other office management functions
• Keep up to date with any legislative changes
Skills and Experience
• Ideally a minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant positions including direct responsibility for managing staff and organisational budgets
• Degree qualified in Finance or Economics or similar, or equivalent substantial experience
• Professional qualified accountant
• Sound local knowledge and experience of financial management & control rules and practices applied in the Middle East
• Strong knowledge of accounting systems (SUN Infor system an advantage)
• Experience and knowledge in payroll an advantage
• Committed, proactive, adaptable and highly organised
• Deadline driven and achievement oriented
• Demonstrate leadership qualities, hands-on approach with a can-do attitude
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and skills of the successful candidate.
• Inhabit is a part of the Egis group of companies.
About the Company
Inhabit is an innovative consulting group exclusively focused on providing specialist engineering services. We complement traditional engineers and architects and deliver technical input to improve the quality and efficiency of today’s buildings.
We recognise the challenges faced by project teams in appointing, co-ordinating and managing a large number of secondary consultants. We aim to simplify this process by grouping these consulting services together and delivering them in a more efficient and coordinated manner.
With delivery through offices across the UK, Middle East, Asia and Australia, we are able to provide much needed on-the-ground support to our clients. At Inhabit we aim to deliver fully coordinated services incorporating both local constraints and world best practices, in what we believe is the most effective way possible.