Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You'll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Financial Analysis and Reporting team is responsible for managing PwC's financial risk through financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and tactical consulting. As part of the team, you'll help with budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting, shared services and financing.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Supporting the firms finance systems and ensuring its smooth operation across the finance function and wider business.
- Assist with testing the system during the upgrades and reporting issues to the hosting centres or vendors.
- Ensuring adequate support levels are provided to users and issues raised are resolved in a timely manner with minimal disruption to operations.
- Assist with supporting queries that requires technical assistance in terms of querying data from the systems back end, supporting invoice changes/enhancements that works based on VBA Macro and other reporting requirements.
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis of various queries and issues related to the finance system
- Ensuring the use of the firm's systems are for the benefit of the firm and any abuse or misuse is reported to department head in a timely manner.
- Provide level 2-3 support for end users experiencing local technical issues, working closely with colleagues in technology function to understand critical issues
- Link in with global COEs for iPower, leveraging for complex technical challenges or end user issues
- Support global improvement activities for all systems, acting as local project support for localisation activities
- Resolve any problems with the finance system with urgency as they arise
- Support system and upgrade testing and problem resolution
- Run standardized reports as designed and understanding the logic to assist with user queries
Learning and Growth
- Liaise with Global to understand system improvement initiatives
- Adhere to policies and procedures
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering, or Information Science Fluency in written and spoken English
- 3+ years of experience in financial systems support
- Previous experience with systems preferred
- Understanding of different finance business processes and knowledge of financial aspects of an ERP solution is preferred.
- Strong analytical, consultative, and communication skills; as well as the ability to make good judgment and work with both technical and business personnel
- Experience in Microsoft Technologies (SQL Server, VBA)
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.