Job description / Role
Our Client an international law firm are looking for a Finance Controller to join their team, This a senior management position within the Middle East and Africa region, that overseas all functions within the finance and accounting department. The role reports to the Head of Finance MEA with a functional reporting line to the Global Controller based in London. As a member of the regional Finance Management Team (FMT) there will also be a number of functional managers reporting into this role.The key expectations of this role are to oversee the accounting & fiscal operations of the company, from maintaining systems of accounting records to developing comprehensive sets of controls and framework designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the firm’s reported financial results ensuring that all activity complies with international financial reporting standards.
• Responsible for establishing financial procedures, controls and appropriate accounting policies that strengthen the MEA governance model, and ensure transparency and consistency.
• Responsible for the management and integrity of the monthly and quarterly close process.
• Responsible for all aspects of regional partnership accounting.
• Responsible for integrity of client money, in line with SRA regulations.
• Responsible for supervising the formal balance sheet review cycle.
• Overseeing statutory audits for all entities across the region.
• Preparing various financial statements, analyses and compliance testing.
• Responsible for cash flow forecasting and treasury management.
• Supervising payroll activity for the MEA region.
• First line support for Tax, Accounts Payable & Payroll.
• Collaborating and advising on financial matters for different companies across MEA
• Ownership of the key financial components of departmental business plans, in particular for Gulf
• Recoveries, Rex companies, and non-branches of the UK LLP.
• Ownership of managing the annual rate review process, including the gathering of competitor data and all associated management information.
• Identifying and undertaking key projects that form part of the MEA strategic plan.
• Building relationships, influencing and presenting at the different meetings within the MEA region.
• Effectively deputise for Head of Finance MEA
• A minimum of 10 years extensive experience managing finance teams, preparing and analysing reports and making improvements to fiscal tools and systems.
• Chartered Accountant or equivalent
• Experience using Elite 3E or similar practice management systems
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written (must be fluent in English)
• Strong numeracy skills and an excellent level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Intermediate or advanced Excel skills
• Strong time management and organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure and to regular tight deadlines
• The ability to problem solve, analyse situations and identify key issues
• The ability to formulate and evaluate alternative options for recovery of problem debts
• Previous experience of working in a VAT environment will be beneficial
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a multitude of different stakeholders
• Proven track record in delivery of timely results
About the Company
RecruitME are a specialized recruitment consultancy supplying top tier business support staff to Dubais leading multinational organizations. We carefully source, screen and select only the very best candidates to assist our clients in making easier recruitment decisions faster.
Differentiating ourselves from standard recruitment agencies our consultants have been carefully chosen for their backgrounds in business support for leading multinational organizations. Having been both the client and the candidate previously, we have an insiders understanding of the recruitment process and our clients needs.
What we do:
Specializing in business support positions we can assist in introducing a small selection of experienced administration, finance and human resource candidates with the relevant experience to benefit your business. Our careful screening process ensures that we have met with and can give a concise overview of each candidates skills and current situation before you meet them.
We pride ourselves on sending our clients only the very best available candidates in the market to ensure a simplified, hassle free and timely recruitment experience for all involved.