Job description / Role
This is a newly created role in a semi - Government Sector which will be based in Al Ain and will be required to commute between Abu Dhabi and Al Ain, as required. The Finance Director will seek to combine their business partnering and accountancy expertise to support strategic and operational decision making, providing insights that help drive better business performance.
Accountable for a range of financial activities, including management of budgets, spend control, cost center alignment, monthly business/ executive reporting and analysis, the role engages with key stakeholders across the business to build effective relationships with regional/ global departments.
The Finance Director ensures the effective process management, whilst enforcing BAU controls to deliver accurate financial data and analysis. A key element of the role will be to support the EMEA Finance team in relation to Purchase Orders, Accounts Receivable/ Payable, Cash Management and control.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
* Own the sub-regional P&L prepared in line with IPSAS by liaising with client services teams on the ground and across the region, with inputs from the reporting and FinOps teams
* Be a proactive finance business partner for the GM of our MEA office(s)
* Be part of the larger EMEA finance team and proactively seek to improve on output and support the team provides to the central finance teams and the UK-based management:
- Commercial finance review of monthly management reporting information, working with financial control teams to support accuracy of reported numbers ("top down" reporting)
- Tracking of investments, payroll costs, and third-party supplier spend, working with Finance Business Partner -(EMEA) to control budget spend and create course changing actions o Review and challenge of monthly performance with the Head of Reporting (EMEA) and tracking of agreed key drivers and client/product profitability, including new business performance
- Assist the EMEA team in delivering the reforecast and budgeting processes for the MEA region, with a focus on Loyalty
- Tactical support, as required, and tracking of project spend for cost and benefit realisation
* Supporting business plans and performance management, highlighting risks and opportunities, whilst assisting the business to identify solutions
* Working with analysts and reporting teams to deliver insight through continuous improvement across planning, reporting and detailed performance analysis
This role is a 12 month contract, whilst there are no guarantees of employment beyond this period, the business has multiple sites & projects, so you will be given every opportunity to stay on if you are excelling in your role. There may also be the possibility of this specific role becoming permanent.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.
* Fluent Arabic speaker, including reading & writing
* Familiar with IPSAS and general Public Sector Accounting practises (i.e. have worked with government or semi-government entities)
* Currently based in UAE (or left within the last few months)
* Hold a valid driving license and able to travel around the UAE, including working in Al Ain.
* Have experience of working on multiple acquisitions or transformation programs, conducting feasibility studies, etc.
* Familiar with Oracle and/or SAP
* Happy to commit to a 12 month contract, in the understanding there is no guarantee of a permanent role
About the Company
Established in 1987, McGregor Boyall is a global recruitment consultancy providing permanent and contract / interim professionals across a wide variety of disciplines including Technology, Risk, Finance, Compliance, Legal, Marketing and HR & Talent Management. Since our inception, we have built an unrivalled reputation for helping organisations recruit the very best talent to ensure that they realise their business and operational objectives.
Headquartered in the city of London, and with further offices throughout the UK (Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh and Glasgow) as well as globally in Dubai and Singapore, we are able to offer recruitment solutions throughout the UK & Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific regions.
Head of Finance
Unibuild Group of Companies
Manpower Middle East
Finance Director - Oil & Gas Company
Regional Finance Controller