Job description / Role
An renowned Retail Developer is seeking to recruit an experienced Finance Director for one of their major malls.
- Commercial business partnering with the MD of the Mall
- Setting budgets, forecasts and targets for the business
- Monitor performance such that budgets and targets are achieved
- Drive understanding and accountability of financial performance
- Consolidate and review the regional monthly results and reporting on variances against budget and prior year.
- Reporting on KPIs with commentary, making clear link to the key drivers, impacting the P&L performance versus budget assumptions
- Responsible for ensuring that cash management is optimized
- Working with the Group CFO of both stakeholders to ensure that cash flows are forecast accurately, and that reporting is done in a timely manner
- First point of contact with mall and local auditors for the UAE
- Ensure that the Statutory Reporting is completed on time
- Regular balance sheet reconciliations / Appropriate internal controls
- Maintain a reconciliation between statutory and management reporting
- Full ownership of Capex process for the Mall, including reporting to Group, tracking of actual spend vs. budget
- Provide feedback, suggestions and input to help develop the systems and facilitate efficient and consistent finance processes and reporting .
- Manage and motivate a team if finance professionals and allocate work as needed.
- Drive and manage retailers as needed for performance and output
- Ensure collections and other AR activities are managed
The successful candidate will ideally be:
- Qualified accountant, ideally Big 4 qualified with significant experience of operating at a senior level in a commercial environment, ideally in a retail environment
- Fluent in English (Arabic would be an advantage)
- Comfortable in setting policy and direction and influencing others in the achievement of objectives, also in areas other than own expertise area
- Demonstrable success in previous roles requiring commercial, business and strategic understanding
- Experience of working at pace in a growing business
- Resilient and independent, with the ability to challenge and push back when appropriate
- Strong understanding of tax and statutory accounting issues in the region
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at senior levels of the organisation and influence key stakeholders.
- Strong people management skills and emotional intelligence. Comfortable with ambiguity
About the Company
Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect. to: Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect.
Middle East Executive
Chief Financial Officer
TGC Middle East
Chief Financial Officer
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE