Job description / Role
- Review accuracy of historical financial information of the Group Company. Analyze the facts in timely manner thereby coordinating with Chief Operating Officer. Finally, present the outcome to the Managing Director in order to assist him in Decision Makings at Strategic end.
- Synthesize complex or diverse information; Collect and research data; Use expertise and experience to complement data; Design work flows and procedures.
- Delegate work assignments; Match the responsibility to the person; Give authority to work independently; Set expectations and monitor delegated activities; Provide recognition for results.
- Include staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Take responsibility for subordinates' activities; Make self-available to staffs; Provide regular performance feedback; Develop subordinates' skills and encourage growth; Foster quality focus in others.
- Participate in decision making activities; Exhibit sound and accurate judgment; Support and explain reasoning for decisions; Include appropriate people in decision-making process; Make timely decisions.
- Develop strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understand organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyze market and competition; Identify external threats and opportunities; Adapt strategy to changing conditions.
- Define standards, policies, procedures, measures, and organizational enhancements to meet Group Company goals for finance.
- On the basis of historical data and analysis, manage stock level in the warehouse such that neither Group Company’s funds may tie-up with holding up excess stocks nor the Group Company shall fall short of its stocks for its trade in normal course of business.
- Develop and implement cost saving measures; Contribute to profits and revenue; Conserve organizational resources.
- Review Group Company’s financial position and decide how to invest Group Company’s fund in the most appropriate manner, taking into consideration risk involved in the investment, thereby maintaining balance between profitability and liquidity.
- Monitor Group Company’s profitability and liquidity on the basis of prepared budget forecasts; analyze the variance in actual and budgeted figures; coordinate with Chief Operating Officer regarding the reasons for variance thereof and suggest for appropriate steps to be taken to mitigate the unfavorable variances.
- Maximize return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities; maintaining relationships with the investment community.
Economic Strategy and Forecasting
- Prepare long range financial forecasts by working collaboratively with other management team members.
- Coordinate in the preparation of business plans and financial forecasting for other ventures of or being considered by the Group Company.
- Identify what areas of the Group Company are most efficient and how the Group Company can capitalize on this information.
- Establish finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining trade ability, quality control mechanisms, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing changes.
- Develop organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing organization operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, cost-benefit analysis for any new projects undertaken; systems enhancement; accumulating capital to fund expansion.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Post graduate degree and/or Professional certification(s) such as CFA, CIMA, ACCA, CA, MBA, etc.
- Minimum experience of 5 years on the role. Experience in trading sector is a plus.
- Proficient User of Microsoft Office – MS-Word, MS-Excel, Powerpoint, Access [Advanced Excel skills – Power BI, Dashboards, Macros, VBA will be a plus]
- ERP Knowledge: Proficient user of any ERP system (Preferable SAP B1)
- Great adaptability in speech and communication to pass clear message to staff of all levels in the organization
- Strong communication skills with good command in English (Both writing & Speaking)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Good motivational skills for self-motivation and staff motivation
- Strong Decision making ability in Ad hoc situations
- Knowledge in process redesign and improvements
- Self-motivated, flexible and possess positive attitude with high degree of integrity & transparency
- Very keen to details and has good accuracy for the tasks handled.
- Multi-tasking and work independently in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
About the Company
A leading packaging services company in the UAE.
Head of Finance / Senior Finance Manager
A Leading Company In UAE
Finance Sub-Director (Finance Manager)
Head of Finance IMEA