Finance Director - Oil & Gas Company
Job description / Role
Finance Director for Middle East, Saudi Arabia & Africa - Oil & Gas Company
Abu Dhabi – U.A.E.
The Finance Director will provide support to the Region Vice Presidents and the organization by overseeing the Finance function for the Middle East business and Africa and will ensure timely reporting and tax compliance, statutory compliance, and proper internal controls through the implementation of effective accounting systems and processes and by maximizing leverage on resources.
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Responsible for the financial management of five legal entities in the Middle East.
- To leads financial operation teams across Middle East, Saudi and potentially Africa – 25 people in charge.
- To play a key role in bids and project reviews. Accountable to review tenders and contracts from a financial perspective.
- To develop, optimize and track key performance metrics/trends: P&L, Cash, Operation profitability.
- To lead the budgeting/forecasting process/long term financial plans.
- To identify and recommends opportunities for cost saving and profit/cash maximization.
- To be the liaison with internal and external auditors, tax authority, bankers, sales representatives, and stakeholders.
- Will be responsible for the accounting, tax and treasury activities including but not limited to: Payroll processing and employee tax compliance, Accounts payable and receivable, costing, taxing, fixed assets, financial reporting, balance sheet account reconciliations, Treasury activities.
- Will ensure compliance with FMC policies & standards, U.S. GAAP and the local statutory requirements and tax regulations.
- Will ensure timely and proper recognition of revenue and costs for month end close in compliance with U.S. GAAP and local statutory requirements.
- Will Provide 12month rolling forecast.
The successful candidate will be a Bachelor’s in Accountancy (must be qualified accountant) with a master’s degree in Finance and at least 15 years of relevant work experience, strong knowledge of finance operation, accounting, costing, internal control, and tax. Knowledge on IFRS / US GAAP and Local tax regulations and reporting standards/requirements, Sarbanes Oxley Act, SAP/Hyperion.
Middle East previous experience required.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
- The successful candidate will be a Bachelor’s in Accountancy (must be qualified accountant) with a master’s degree in Finance and at least 15 years of relevant work experience, strong knowledge of finance operation, accounting, costing, internal control, and tax.
- Knowledge on IFRS / US GAAP and Local tax regulations and reporting standards/requirements, Sarbanes Oxley Act, SAP/Hyperion.
About the Company
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Head of Finance
Chief Financial Officer