Job description / Role
A new role has emerged with one of our premier clients in the region, a international organisation specialising in the manufacturer of network cameras for the physical security and video surveillance industries.
The role is Finance Manager:
The Finance Manager is part of the regional management team in Middle East & Africa and has a key role in supporting the commercial and business strategy, providing leadership and follow-up to the regional business decision making. He/She is also responsible for accounting and reporting from the region to HQ, while ensuring the highest standards and governance throughout the region.
Being responsible for the entire finance function the Finance Manager will manage a team of direct reports for sales controlling, back office account functions and in some cases office management and outsourced local account and payroll processing.
The Finance Manager is expected to:
- Take a proactive role in the management team and provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the region, by proposing and supporting actions to meet business objectives and to guide the management team in taking a helicopter view.
- Support sales with relevant conclusions, contribute to reach the sales target set for the region i.e. by creating reports that provide an overview of the development of sales versus budgets set on a permanent base as well as follow-up on set KPIs.
- Cooperate closely with Finance in HQ and Global Sales Operations to evaluate customers (proposing credit limits for our distribution partners), be responsible for handling credit blocks as well as ensuring payments according to terms.
- Take the regional responsibility of assessing and monitoring of risks involved in the business and control and monitor all legal agreements with external parties. Ensuring that effective internal controls are established, maintained and adhered to throughout the region.
- Ensure that all required country, federal, state and local financial reports are filed and is responsible for compliance with legal requirements and anticipating future legislation.
- Indirectly report to the organisation CFO and take an active part in a virtual team of regional Finance Managers/Directors.
- Together you share experiences and align common best practice to support the business strategy.
- Manage monthly closings and coordinate the annual audit as well as providing pertinent financial information to HQ.
- Manage the business controlling, forecasting, accounting and finance functions by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures related to accounts payable, account receivable, financial reporting (and payroll) and sales analysis and follow-ups.
- Analyze budget variances, support the region in achieving the budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyses variances, initiating corrective actions and provides status of financial conditions.
- Develop the team of direct reporting employees and actively working with a relevant retention agenda for the team.
- Handle miscellaneous local or corporate projects and duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Finance and People Management
- Experience and understanding of Financial/Sales figures.
- Experience in working with a Sales organisation
- Someone who has managed a Finance function for an organisation in house
- Budget Management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, and have experience of managing stakeholders (both internal and external) and developing staff.
- Entrepreneurial skills (mind set)
- Hands-on approach, with the ability to multi-task and work collaboratively with other aspects of the business
- UAE & GCC Regional understanding from a Macro-economic perspective, including Turkey is a must
- Flexibility to travel when required; to South Africa, Turkey Sweden
- This role requires professionals who are not satisfied with the status quo and looks to grow the business in the Middle East region.
- Technology enthusiast
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration or other Business Generalist area
An extremely competitive package is on offer for right level of candidate, as well as the opportunity to join an organisation with a very collaborative culture, offering further career opportunities and international exposure.
About the Company
Allegis Group retired the "Talent2" name and re-branded its specialist recruitment professionals brand to Aston Carter.
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment services to companies requiring highly specialised business professionals. We have an unrivalled commitment to delivering first class service to our clients and candidates across professional disciplines, including Information Technology, Finance, Sales, Risk, Credit, Compliance, Operations, Marketing, Audit, HR and Engineering. Although we are retiring theTalent2 brand, our continued alignment with your company's business objectives will remain unchanged. As part of Aston Carter, our global presence gives us access to additional high-level talent, solutions and industry trends to better grow with our customers.
With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider and the world's largest privately owned recruitment firm.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
INC System Integrations
|Abu Dhabi||25 Dec|
Green Gulf Careers
Al Ghurair Real Estate