Job description / Role
Experience the vibrant celebration of Mumbai's famous film industry in all its colours and flavours at BOLLYWOOD PARKSâ„¢ Dubai.
Our team is at the heart of who we are, and we are looking for passionate, fun and dedicated people who can connect with our guests and take them on a journey into Bollywood. Whether you are working in the park or behind the scenes, you will be part of an engaging and dynamic environment that values teamwork and creativity.
With immersive rides featuring the biggest names in Bollywood, live entertainment and stage performances transporting you into a realm of movie magic, we invite you to join us on an adventure of a lifetime. The most celebrated cinema industry just got a whole lot more fun.
Play Your Part
In this role you will be responsible to manage overall responsibility for the finance department and to ensure that the right processes, systems and staff are in place to support the business.
- Finance Division: Manages all finance and accounting processes/systems, tax functions and cash and treasury functions. Analyzes the business to maximum extent, including profitability analysis by various dimensions, cost management, return on investments. Works cooperatively on business plans, budgeting and follow up, and management reporting and information delivery achieves overall goals and timelines. Communicates with the key decision makers, so that these obtain the critical information necessary to maintain a competitive advantage.
- Operational Leadership: Determines the organizational structure, budgeting and staffing requirements for the finance divisions. Provides direction in the functional areas of finance and accounting processes/systems, tax, cash and treasury functions. Is responsible for hiring, training, development, performance management, team building, and other culture and people management activities. This include people management, staff development and succession planning and to take a proactive measure in developing and building strong successors for the team.
- Executive Team Leadership: Serves as a member of the executive management team and develops and supports the company's strategic and operating plans. Participates in planning, policy and direction setting, problem solving and decision making with other members of the management team. Promotes and demonstrates the company's culture and core values through words and actions. Exhibits the ability to work effectively as a team member to contribute to the strategic and cultural direction of the organization. Exhibits the ability to work independently and execute business plan within job scope. Exhibits the organizational and business savvy, and the interpersonal skills, to work effectively in a dynamic organization with inter-national and cultural differences. Ability to adopt the company's approach and methods. Also at the same time maintain an effective business relationship.
- Commercial: Control of inventory level and responsible for stocktaking and follow up on deviations and procedures regarding warehouse management. Support the commercial business activities in Retail, Food & Beverage, Entertainment and Marketing. Work in close partnership with GM and Sales & Marketing Director to develop overall business strategies and plans.
- Internal Controls: Responsible for establishing a strong control environment.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Management Team
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- A Bachelors' degree within Accounting/Financing and CPA background (or equivalent education and experience) is required.
- Requires at least eight years of experience in a similar position and at least five years of senior management experience with significant personnel leadership and program management and operations responsibility. This position requires excellent judgment, the ability to self-initiate and coordinate tasks. It is required that the Director of Finance has a high degree of flexibility and the ability to multi-task and work effectively with a variety of people with multiple priorities and diverse work styles.
- Requires strong analytical skills, a working knowledge of pricing and costing, finance, budgeting, and projections.
- Ability to set and manage against objectives and schedules, and effectively coordinate and manage internal and external resources.
- Requires demonstrated skill in interpersonal relationships, making presentations, negotiations, plus verbal and written communications.
- Strong team building, group facilitation, process improvement, and project management skills required.
- Effective organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to set up and automate processes, systems and procedures.
- Excellent follow up skills are required. Strong skills in managing employees through empowerment in the form of performance management is a must.
- Extensive expertise in financial and logistics processes, data processing and management information delivery is required.
- Computer skills related to standard packages such as Microsoft Office but also in regard to enterprise wide systems and data warehousing solutions in general are necessary. The candidate must be a role model for the other Model Citizens within finance, IT and logistics.
- International business and cross-cultural experience is an advantage but not a requirement. Most importantly candidate must have great inter personal skill with management, owner, stakeholders and employees alike and ensure park achieves business goals at the same time ensuring a fun and caring working environment.
- Management Accountant (CIMA) or (ACMA) or ACCA
- Experience in FMCG, Retail, Hospitality or Entertainment industry
- Have good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances. We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Big Fish Recruitment
A Leading Investment Management Company in UAE
Finance and Administration Manager
Irwin & Dow