Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
What we are looking for: Finance Manager
If you are someone that would like to challenge themselves and build multiple skills through multitasking and working with different parties and functional experts, then this is the job for you!
You will be responsible for achieving leading the Finance Department within a multiband portfolio and ensuring coordination with respective local GM, Chalhoub Finance department and the Principle of the brand.
What you will do:
- Develop the business plan of the Finance Department in line with the Division objectives and strategic objectives of Chalhoub
- Formulate and communicate Finance Department performance objectives and continuously monitor progress and alignment towards strategic objectives
- Enforce the Finance Department policies and procedures to ensure the fulfillment of organizational requirements
- Oversee the operations of the Finance Department, provide expertise, encourage teamwork and facilitate related professional work processes to achieve high performance standards and staff pride in contribution
- Monitor the yearly budget of Finance Department and control expenditure to ensure optimal use
- Lead the completion and consolidation of monthly management reporting for the GM for the local Brand and all relevant entities included under the brand for all countries as well as the global Brand Management (dual reporting ) highlighting key performance and finance indicators, variance versus Budget and defining and tracking corrective actions plans to be implemented.
- Lead, coach and develop a team of senior finance members (including FMs and FC) responsible for financial control of individual BUs cross-country within the vertical
- Work with HR to ensure appropriate training programs are delivered to all members of the community and monitor key staff progress towards earning International Finance qualifications
- Lead and manage, in liaison with key stakeholders, the formulation and strategic review process for his/her vertical with reference to: 3 YRS plan, the annual budget and (Re)-Forecast submissions coordinating with all country Finance Managers to ensure deliverables for the verticals are timely and accurate
- Act as the business partner for respective GM ensuring also his/her finance team grant on-going support to the commercial and HR teams to ensure corrective action plans on both revenue and costs are timely implemented to correct any material variance vs budget in OP or cash flow
- Ensure accurate and detailed commercial dashboards are produced timely to ensure corrective action plans are defined and executed in partnership with commercial teams
- Complete full financial analysis and challenge the Capex and marketing investment to maximize financial return.
- Ensure implementation of a robust and enhanced internal control environment following central processes as defined by Group Finance to deliver efficiencies and Budget OP and cash generation target
- Act as a team builder for the local finance & controlling functions & secure the relation with the JV finance departments;
- Lead the development & implantation of new tools or practices in the JV
- Assign individual objectives for employee performance management purposes, manage performance, empower staff, and provide formal and informal feedback to support professional development and maximize performance
- In this role you are deeply embedded in the Brands you are looking after, working closely with managers and the team members to achieve business goals from an HR perspective.
- You will partner with your Managers on people matters to support long-term vision, including change management
- Maintain short-term and long-term capacity plans, reward and recognition plans and employee engagement plan
- You will assess and anticipate people-related needs, aligned with the Group's people strategy
- Foster collaboration between departments
- Build partnerships between business and HR functions (Learning, Comp & Ben, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Performance Management)
- Provide career guidance to employees and develop understanding of employee career aspirations and engagement or disengagement level
- Provide support to captains on employee journeys, according to their aspirations and capabilities
- Act as an employee champion and consultant
- You will lead annual manpower planning with Brand Leaders and ensure vacancies are managed in line with the approved budget and executed as per the correct recruitment process
- Review all proposed internal transfers within the vertical and provide recommendations
- Enable Managers to lead Performance Management (PDR and KPI) for respective population
- Ensure a high-performance environment & culture
What you'll need to succeed in this role:
You will demonstrate great leadership skills and a consultative approach towards the business. Your ability to engage and communicate with a diverse range of people will ensure your success with us! More specifically, we would love to hear from you if you can say yes to the below
- Bachelor or master's degree in Accounting or Finance from a reputable international university;
- Professional qualification (ie CFA, ACCA) is desirable;
- Meticulous, detail-oriented and well-organized, capable to handle multiple priorities and multi-tasking while respecting deadlines.
- Previous work experience within retail or Future 500 company
- Minimum on 12 years' experience, with at least 5 years in a similar role
- A strategic vision, operations excellence and ability to engage, align and develop people and teams.
- Functionally sound knowledge of group accounting and finance activities, business partnering and quality decision making.
- We see success in the role as someone who is passionate in their endeavor to strive for excellence!
- You will have the ability to ensure the fundamental values of all our employees; Commitment, Integrity, Empathy and Flexibility.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.