Job description / Role
Taaleem are currently exploring the market in order to recruit for an experienced Finance Manager. The desired candidate will ideally come from a finance background within the education sector and will be required to oversee the financial management of 4 schools in total. This is a new project for Taaleem, therefore requires someone who is able to come in with tenacity and confidence in order to excel from the outset.
The post holder will manage, lead and direct all teams in school that deal with finance and procurement. Support the Principals and Taaleem Charter Schools to develop the business in line with the strategic platforms; Growth, Operational Excellence, Developing our People, Customer Endorsement
The key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following
- Manage expenditure and capital budgets in accordance with the Taaleem and ADEK financial regulations and in line with auditor’s recommendations
- Responsibility for end-to-end Budgeting, Planning and monitoring
- Ensure finance activities are managed effectively to provide visibility on expenses and risk and maintain and develop required corporate governance
- Enable effective cash flow and capex management
- Obtain agreement on expenditures with budget holders and provide regular financial reports as required
- Ensure high quality, real time availability of data and analytics to support delivery of the business strategy.
- Use financial management information, especially bench-marking tools, to identify areas of relative spend and advise accordingly. Suggest ways of effecting budget efficiency
- Seek, identify and implement the best practices throughout the company that will enhance customer service, and improve cost and productivity efficiencies.
- Manage all financial risks, key risk and performance indicators and exposure to the company
- Produce accounts and reporting to stakeholders and ensure audit compliance of financial records, performance and controls
- Provide all information required by the internal auditors and implement any recommendations
- Manage the full end to end procurement process (purchasing, PO, Payments of invoices)
- Liaise with the Business coordinators to oversee the ordering, processing, and payment of all goods and services provided to the school
- Operate all bank accounts, ensuring that a full reconciliation is undertaken
- Oversee the preparation of invoices and collection of all monetary dues
- Manage reconciliation on monthly basis all records with those of Taaleem
- Maintain transparent and proactive relationship with banks, auditors and advisers.
- Setting up processes for the schools and implementing best practices across all the schools – covering:
- Petty cash
- Payroll and staff related expenses
- Expense claims
- Bank Reconciliations
- Contribute to potential bid opportunities
- Ad hoc reporting and miscellaneous tasks
AED 23,000 to 30,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
- Degree or equivalent professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACA/ CIMA or CPA), higher level education in finance, business or commercial discipline.
- Experience of international education sector (Desirable not essential).
- Strategic scenario planning. Experience working in UAE (Desirable not essential). Multi-site experience with P & L accountability working at parent company not subsidiary level.
- Able to translate strategy into operational action plans.
- Analytical skills to measure and manage key risks and KPIs.
- Ability to discuss and influence effectively at all levels.
- Excellent collaborative skills and able to quickly establish effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to coach / mentor colleagues to upgrade performance.
- Corporate finance acumen to enhance cost control
- Highly numerate.
- Enables development of high potentials to ensure succession plan.
- Flexible and able to manage tight deadlines
- Positive and hands on attitude
About the Company
Taaleem’s main activity is the development and management of early childhood, primary and secondary schools. With quality at the forefront of our offering, we tailor each project to answer the specific educational requirements of a wide range of families by offering top international curricula including British, American, the International Baccalaureate and our custom early childhood programme.
Taaleem, which means education in Arabic, is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents. We only recruit the best international teachers who are capable of delivering our international curricula in a creative and engaging manner.
Taaleem is seeking to raise the educational standards in the region. The combined experience of its core team of senior education leaders in international education policy, operations and global management best practices means Taaleem is well positioned to ensure the creative of truly exceptional schools that satisfy the most comprehensive and exacting education developmental requirements.
Ziad Galadari Group
Quest Search & Selection
Regional Finance Controller
A Government Entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
|Ras Al Khaimah||25 Sep|
Swisslinx Middle East