Job description / Role
• Direct the preparation and consolidation of Company’s budgets and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues, areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
• Direct the development and reporting of financial trends over a strategic timescale so that the organisation is aware of anticipated revenues and cash flows and financial opportunities can be capitalised upon and capital plans can be assimilated on the basis of anticipated cash availability.
• Direct the execution of all treasury activities to ensure that Company’s all remittances are accounted for and the company optimises remittances from investments while also reporting and projecting company cash flows.
• Direct the assimilation, communication and reporting of performance against the Company’s annual budget to ensure that the annual budget reflects all anticipated commercial and operational activities.
• Ensure sufficient liquidity to manage the day to day operations of the Company and deployment of additional funds in appropriate financial instruments to generate returns.
• Direct the development and review of the financial processes and supporting information systems of the company to the budgeting, asset management, risk management, internal control and corporate governance perspectives.
• Ensure effective financial management and that all avenues/opportunities of cost reduction and profitability are explored and reported to the management, in order to achieve a stable and sustained profitability levels, congenial to the Company strategies.
• Review the financial implications of the various investments and provide insightful recommendation to the MD and Board Members based on thorough financial analysis and studies in order to maximise Company profitability and protect the interests of the company.
• Ensure effective management of the company finances through quarterly reviews of internal controls and audits.
• Ensure that the financial processes are compliant with the statutory, regulatory and corporate governance requirements.
• Direct the accounts and finance team’s activities on a day to day basis in ensuring appropriate maintenance of books of accounts, consolidation, periodic reconciliation, monitoring of budgets and payroll administration.
• Direct and guide the development of periodical financial reports in compliance with international and government reporting standards and ensure that CEO/Managing Director is informed about the financial health of the company whilst recommending remedial action where necessary.
• Direct the preparation of periodical management reports and progress reports to keep the senior management informed about the progress of various initiatives and to facilitate decision-making.
• Develop and establish effective relationships with the banks, financial institutions and other relevant agencies to ensure that the financial requirements for Company’s strategic plans and operations are met.
• Foster an effective working relationship with internal and external auditors to ensure that all recommendations and findings identified by the auditors are acted upon promptly and rectified according to the developed action plans.
• BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
• CPA or relevant qualification is a plus
Experience & Knowledge & Skills:
• 12 years’ experience in a similar function with at least 6 years in a managerial role in a major public sector or private-sector organization in the region.
• Experience of managing relationships with government, financial institutions or other public-sector representatives at a senior level in the region.
• In depth knowledge of business objectives, operations and of the UAE laws & regulations.
• Strategic thinking
• Funding and investment planning and analysis
• Investment management and reporting skills
• Financial modelling, forecasting and analysis skills
• In-depth knowledge on budgeting, treasury management, local and international accounting standards and systems, e.g. ERP, accounting systems,
• In-depth knowledge on financial auditing procedures
• Leadership skills
• Coaching and mentoring skills
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Written and spoken English is essential. Arabic is preferred
About the Company
A leading ICT company in the UAE.
Senior Finance Manager
Regional Finance Controller
Sr. Accountant/Assistant Finance Manager
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE
Canadian International School (CIS)
|Abu Dhabi||23 Feb|